Monday, September 3, 2012

Obrando Mediante La Autoridad Que Os He Dado


Mi Familia,

Heyo. Today we have transfers and Elder Cruz is already going! He is going to Mactumatzá, the Zone where I started my mission It is a surprise and a bummer because we get along well. But Elder Rios from my generation is coming for his first cambio (change or transfer) as a Zone Leader. I know him a little and he is great. I am excited to be able to stay here another 6 weeks and keep working!

This week we had the Zone Leader Council. We talked a lot about the people that are already prepared for baptism. We also have the goal in the mission that everyone can baptize in the month of September. I know we can do it and we are working hard to be able to do it.

This week was really good. We are teaching Carmen and she is great. She isn't married but lives with a man and he is not interested in the church. She went again and just wants to read and learn more. We are trying to figure out how to help her out. She wants to get baptized. 4 years ago her son died of Cancer so we taught her where he is and how she can still live with him again. She accepts everything we say and asked us when she can make us lunch. That is a good sign.

We also are still teaching Ramiro and Asunción. They went to church and really liked it. Ramiro went to check the marriage requirements and they have all of the paper work but we are going to help them to do it and be able to get baptized. Ramiro says that he knows it is true and that nothing can hold him back. We are happy for them. They have their baptismal date for the 29th.

We are also teaching a woman named Merieli and her 2 daughters. They are very catholic but they always listen to us. She asked us about her marriage because she got married in the catholic church and then got divorced and is living with another man, and they are not married (common here in Chiapas). But anyways she was really worried because of the scripture in Matthew 19:6. We explained the authority of the priesthood and I showed her my Priesthood Lineage card that Grandma and Grandpa gave me. She looked at it and understands english so she got it all. But after she asked me to shake her hand so I did and she just held it a while and she started crying and said that what I was saying was true. I got kind of freaked out because I was thinking it was witchcraft or something but she explained that she could feel some energy and she knew I wasn't lying. We bore our testimony and we are trying to get her to church.

Things are good here and hope you all have a great week. I love you and miss you all!

Con Amor,

Elder Riley Stevenson

No comments: