Monday, October 15, 2012

A Toda Nación, Y Tribu, Y Lengua Y Pueblo


Mi Familia,

Thanks for all of the emails. This week was great. We had transfers but Elder Rios and I are staying another transfer together. That means we will leave together next transfer, because we are going to end as senior companions the last transfer. I am excited because we have great people here!

Well this week we started teaching another referral, his name is Javier. He just got separated from his wife. He is awesome. He is searching for God. He went to church yesterday and really liked it.

We are also teaching another girl Emma, her parents are members but they don't live together and have a lot of problems but she wants to get baptized. Right now her dad cannot baptize her so we started teaching her.

We are also teaching another family that we got from some investigators. When we went on Saturday her (less active) member friend, Guadalupe, was there. We invited her to church. We are going to start teaching her daughter as well.

There are a lot of great people we are teaching. We received another 10 referrals this week. We also are going to start teaching the sister in law of one member. She recently had a nervous break down and says that she would like to talk to us. Her name is Esperanza.

I can't remember if I told you about Sergio and Patricia. They are investigators that want to get baptized but aren't married. They are having some strong economic problems. Their daughter Jania, that got baptized about 9 months ago, wanted a new bag for school because hers broke. When we left I left my bag on the clothes line and we left. I felt really happy! The good news is they have all of the papers to be able to get married, and they had about half of them a month ago.

I forgot to mention that last week I did a baptismal interview in Tzotzil! There was a translator there as well. It was good! This week we also got to serve a member family by painting their store. It was great.

I am so happy. I love this work and know it is true. I love you all!

Con Amor,

Elder Riley Stevenson

No comments: