Monday, October 1, 2012

Les Enseñaréis A Amarse Mutuamente Y A Servirse El Uno Al Otro


Mi Familia,

Hey! This week was a good one. We went on Friday to help Ramiro and Asunción get married and everything turned out well! They were so happy. On Sunday they were baptized and confirmed. It was a great service and a very special spirit was there. I am so happy for them and Many members are getting to know them so I feel like they will be taken care of when I leave which is great. On Sunday after the baptism we ate mole at their house. We bought yogurt and cookies on Saturday for dessert. They invited a few of their new member friends.

Ramiro and his wife Asunción - they got married on
Friday, and were baptized and confirmed on Sunday


Besides the baptism we went to Ocosingo for a baptismal interview. Almost all of the areas in the zone baptized this month. Only one area didn't but they almost did. Their investigator didn't pass the interview and the District Leader couldn't get a hold of President. We almost broke the all time record in the zone, and we did get the highest number of baptisms of 2012. We are happy. Tomorrow we have the zone leader council in Tuxtla.

Last night when we were walking home this drunk guy wanted to talk to me. His name was Daniel and had no idea where he was. We called one of his friends and told her what was going on. Then we took him to the city park and left him with her. He is 19 and was crying almost the whole time we were walking with him. When we left he hugged us. We got his phone number and we are going to call him and send the missionaries to his house. It felt good to help him out.

Baptisms at Stake Conference


Well things are great here. I am really happy about everything that is going on here. I wish I had more time left in the mission but I am happy that I will be home soon. I don't think about it too much which is great. I know this work is the most important in all of the church and that what we teach is the fullness of the gospel. I am sure that this is the truth. I did have a testimony before the mission but study and prayer has strengthened it. I know that this is the true church.

Con Amor,

Elder Riley Stevenson

No comments: