Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Descendió la Lluvia, y Vinieron Ríos, y Soplaron Vientos

Mi Familia,

This week was a great one. Sounds like everyone is doing so good. Happy Birthday Alicia and Lauren!

To answer questions: Brooke, I love the Tacos here. There’s a restaurant that delivers tacos called "Rikis." They are so good. They are tacos al pastor and they are super spicy and amazing. We order them for special events like baptisms or when we have cambios. I will miss them. Also chili candy is gross, I hate it. My clothes are holding up very well, especially my shoes. It almost rained every day this week. I love it. Really hard on Saturday too! There’s stairs in the entranceway outside our door and the water flowed down it like a river and came in the house till we put shirts in the crack of the door. I will send pictures soon. It also cools down a little with the rain. Dad, I never thought I would be happier to hear that the Mavs won the championship. Go whoever is playing the Heat! Good job on your presentation and thanks for your hard work. Mom, my Spanish is coming along great. Having a native companion helps a lot. I can see a lot improvement in these short weeks. Talking is rather easy. I have dreamt in Spanish, but most of the time I don’t remember if it was English or Spanish.


Yesterday we had zone conference - that is why I didn't get to email! It was really good but we had to say bye to Presidente and Hermana Velasco. It was so hard. I respect them and love them so much. But they have Facebook, so I will add them when I get home. I got mail too. Thanks to everyone who wrote me! I will try to write back soon.


Angel and Jazmin got baptized on Saturday. It was amazing. Jazmin's mom is a member and came to see it. It was so special. I will send pictures when I can. We taught them about temple marriage yesterday. They committed to get sealed in a year. If I am lucky I will be able to go! I think I would have to be serving in Tuxtla. They are so special. Sunday after church Angel had us help him pay his tithing. They read their scriptures every night together. I love them!


This week I prayed that Pepe would be able to go to church somehow. I prayed for something amazing to happen, like for his work to be destroyed or flooded and other things. He came in on Sunday, and turned out he just quit. He told us he has faith in God and is praying. He will get baptized with his mother the 2nd of July.

Sorry my hour is almost up, I didn’t write much! But those are the highlights.

I love you and miss you all.

Con Amor,

Elder Riley Stevenson

No comments: