Monday, February 13, 2012

Benditos Son Aquellos Que Son Fieles Y Perseveran

Mi Familia,

This week was really good. I went to Tuxtla and stayed, and in the night it got so cold! I woke up in the morning and couldn't sleep very well. We had our capacitación (training) on Tuesday and traveled to Tapachula, then got here wednesday in the afternoon. My companion is Elder Bernal, from Chalco, Estado de Mexico. He is great. He spent most of his life as a less active but has 2 years going to church. I am glad he decided to come on the mission. He is great and is really willing to learn and excited to work.

Baptism of Teodora and Misael


We found a lot of new people this week. Three nights in a row, we had the last contact of the day let us in and listen to a message. It was very special to see that our Heavenly Father blesses us when we endure to the end of every day! One of the people we found is Gabriela, and she already read the Book of Mormon with missionaries before. She was 12 and read it in one month. We found her when we were looking for another Gabriela, a referral.

Elder Stevenson with Elder Cubillos, sick in the hospital


Another woman we found is Carolina. Her daughter passed away this weekend and every time we have passed by after the first time she has been drunk. But yesterday she made us come in and "pray for her." We said a prayer and she told us she had faith that we could help her.

Elder Stevenson in the hospital with his Zone Leader, Elder Lopez, and Doctor Arriaga


The other is María, and she had her husband pass away 3 years ago. We taught her about temples and sealings. I know there are a lot of people that the Lord prepares for us and that need the gospel. The members are getting more excited to work as well and I have just been really happy this week.

I don't have much time but I hope everyone has a great week. I love you all and miss you, I will manage my time better next week! Sorry!

Con Amor,

Elder Riley Stevenson

No comments: