Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Trabajad, No Por La Comida Que Perece

Mi Familia,

Hey everyone, this week was good. On tuesday we had the zone conference and I learned a lot. We learned about how to teach and how important it is to... I can't remember the word. To get them to do the thing that we leave them to do like to read or to pray or live a commandment. I think it is kind of like compromise? (Editor's note: "Commit").

Wednesday night I got sick, and was really scared that I got dengue again! It was because I felt weak and had a fever. In the morning I didn't have the fever as high but I still felt sick, with a lot of stomach pain! So I called the mission doctor but he didn't answer so I had to call the mission doctor for new missionaries that don't speak spanish yet. I told him what was going on an told him that I thought it was the food on wednesday because the beef tasted a little weird. I couldn't remember how to say beef (haha) but I somehow explained it to him. I took Pepto Bismol and Tylenol and have been feeling better.

We found a lot of new investigators this week and we are really excited to start teaching them all. We are teaching a girl named Ana Michel and her family, and they are awesome. They have been looking for the true church because they were raised catholics but don't believe in a lot of the traditions. It is so special to see that the Lord prepares people for us to teach.

Yesterday we went to a little town outside of Ciudad Hidalgo, because a sister gave us a referral to visit a boy that the police is looking for. They tell us that he is innocent but I was very cautious anyway. The sister told us how she invited them to hear us, and it was a crazy story that I will explain more in the future. But it had something to do with a gun and ended with the boy crying. He is very nice and funny. We are going to see if they progress.

I am so happy to be here. I am going to Tuxtla Gutierrez this week for a meeting for the leaders of the mission! But I know this work is the Lord's and that He loves us.

Con Amor,

Elder Riley Stevenson

No comments: