Monday, August 6, 2012

Dios Los Ha Hecho Para El Uso Del Hombre


Mi Familia,

Well this week was very busy. On Tuesday we went to Tuxtla for the Zone Leaders Council. It was really good. We set goals and talked about changing the details that can get us distracted from the Lord's work. It has helped me a lot. The zone leaders in Tapachula told me that two more of my investigators in Ciudad Hidalgo got baptized. Carolina, the grandmother of Saida, and Diana, the cousin of a member were both baptized. It makes me happy to know that the work I did there continues even though I left.

Also I think I forgot to mention that about a month ago I ate cow brain. Surprisingly good. And small... This week I ate rabbit and I think it was my favorite weird food that I have had in the mission. Everyone says it is like chicken but the texture is a little different and the flavor is a lot better. I told the family that gave it to us that there are a lot by our house and that there are always a few dead ones in the street. They told me how to make it and that I should do it so I think we will be eating conejo when I get home. : )

Also... We will be able to Skype this Christmas so that is exciting news. Don't know if you guys want to, I am good with whatever. It will be 2 weeks before I go home so not too important.

On Friday we went to Ocosingo for a couple of baptismal interviews. It was crazy because it was raining so hard on the way there (it is a 2 hour taxi trip) I thought we were going to die! But I just kept praying that we wouldn't die and I felt fine after. It rained hard 5 different times on the trip. Then when we were going home there weren't any taxis but one came and he told the other guys waiting that he wasn't going back. They left and Elder Cruz and I were just trying to figure out what to do then he asked us if we were going to San Cristóbal and he said he would take us. I talked to him the whole 2.5 hour trip. He was really nice and we talked about the Plan of Salvation. He had lost a lot of family members. It was a cool experience.

We also met a Taxi driver here that lived in San Marcos by the High School! It was fun to talk to him. But we contacted him and he wasn't too interested.

Today we went to a cave and played soccer with the Chenahlo and Comitán Zones. Then we played soccer. I hit the last game winner on the all gringo team. Good stuff. The cave wasn't anything special - New Mexico was better. That is why I am writing a little later than usual.

Also the Stake is talking about starting a Family Group in Oxchuc and sending missionaries there so we are stoked because we don't have people to visit right now. I hope they get sent there soon! It is special to be a part of this great work. But I am also realizing how far away we are from preaching everywhere. But that doesn't dim my faith that it will happen someday.

We have found some great people and we are so happy. I will tell you more this next week. I hope you are all well. I love you and miss you all!

Con Amor,

Elder Riley Stevenson

No comments: