Monday, December 31, 2012

Alarga Tus Cuerdas Y Fortalece Tus Estacas


Mi Familia,

Thanks for the emails. Sorry I am writing late we had a baptism. It was likely my last but who knows what happens this week (haha). It was great to see you all on tuesday. It really made my week!

Emma got baptized this week. Her dad baptized her. For one reason or another she couldn't get baptized when she was 8 so that is why we were involved. We got to teach her and she is a very intelligent little girl. She has a bright future in the church.


On friday we had the ZL council in Tuxtla. The Utt's daughter gave a presentation about the early missionary efforts in England. She is a Church Historian. I got the chance to talk with her the next day at a baptism and she knows an insane amount of information. She asked me where I was from and talked to me about the Borden Building. She told me who the guy in charge was that made the chapel and what year. She said it is one of the best 12 chapels from its time period that the church owns from a structural standpoint. When I told her that I go to the building in Escondido she laughed and just said that it isn't a very special building. She has never been to the buildings she just knows a lot about them. Weird or cool? I don't know.

We taught the Hernandez family this week and we took the ward missionaries that speak Tzeltal and they explained more about the restoration. It was a great lesson and we hope that they keep progressing in the gospel.

We are working hard, I am trying to endure to the end of the mission. Things are great here. I love you. I hope you all have a great week.

Love,

Elder Riley Stevenson

No comments: