Monday, April 11, 2011

La Restauración de Todas Las Cosas, de que Habló Dios

Mi Familia,

This week was great. It was faster than last week. We got to work too! It was good to get out again. Then Elder Ballard got an x-ray, and the doctor thinks he has an intestine problem, like it is bleeding or something! He is supposed to stay in the apartment so we are back to that again. I am still learning a lot. This week I studied the scriptures a lot. I just love studying and learning more from the scriptures. They really are the guide books to life. I love learning more. I can't believe how poorly I know the scriptures but that's why we study them every day! I love reading in the Bible and seeing things that only our church does. It makes me laugh... And wonder what priests are thinking when they read about baptisms for the dead, resurrection in different glories, or times of Restoration. Oh well.

Hernan, our only constant investigator at the moment, is great. He is so steadfast and just the perfect investigator. He has been to church twice already. We are trying to get him to be baptized this Saturday. He told us he doesn't feel ready, but in reality he is! I told him that I was 8 when I was baptized and he couldn't believe it. We are working with him and his family is warming up to us. I will let you know what happens in a week!

Well I haven't taken too many pictures because usually I am in the apartment and there just isn't too much time! How should I get those to you? Or should I? I don't know if these computers have the right outlets or whatever it's called. Ha let me know. Also I haven't received mail yet. We got it the first week I was here but of course I didn't have any yet. I expect that I will in the next few weeks, I think we get mail about once a month.

Black Beauty got detailed! I know that Mom has wanted it painted for the longest time. Every time I see "Black Car" in my email I expect to see "died" or "finally broke down" after it. Haha - but I am glad that is not the case!

That is so fun that Brooke is home for a bit! I forgot about spring break. I hope Alicia, Tanner, and Natalie enjoyed theirs. It is always fun to get a break from school.

Well, things are good here! I love the work. Sometimes I feel so inadequate and that my best just isn't good enough. I have felt like this especially this week. Haha - and I felt like that when I was in the apartment with Elder Ballard. But I know that even though it is hard (and that really I am inadequate for such a work) that I am doing the right thing. I know this church is Christ's only true church and I am exactly where I am supposed to be right now. I see miracles every day and will get better about writing them! I love it here and have never been happier in my life.

I love you and miss you all! I pray for you each by name every day. Have a great week!

Con Amor,

Elder Riley Stevenson

No comments: