Monday, April 18, 2011

Los Padecimientos y Muerte de Cristo Expían Sus Pecados

Mi Familia,

I jinxed Black Beauty, sorry!! Are we getting a new car or what's the news? This week was another quick one. I can´t believe how fast it went!

We had transfers, and I am staying here in La Salle! Elder Ballard got made district leader, and we still have 4 missionaries in the ward. I am really excited to still be here, and I guess it is really common to get transferred after the first transfer when you're new. But I am so excited to stay here and work more with Elder Ballard, because he is a really good companion. Also with this ward and my investigators, because I love them all!

This week I worked with the other missionaries and it was great to go out and work. Elder Ballard is feeling a lot better so we should be getting back to work soon. We worked almost all of yesterday and things are just really looking good!

This week is "Holy Week." Basically it is “no school and everyone drinks” week. It should be interesting and I will let you know how it goes.

I tried Bonice this week. Soo good! Elder Ballard and I take turns buying it. ¿A quien le toca? Men wearing Bonice uniforms walk the streets ringing bells. So they are basically an infinitely better version of gogurts and otter pops. 3 pesos! I love you Mexico.

On Wednesday when we were going to lunch someone started speaking to us in English. It was a boy that used to live in the US. He told us he had investigated the church in San Bernardino with his family. When he moved back he stopped taking the lessons and lost contact with the church. He told us he had been praying for an opportunity to talk with someone that could help him. We will be teaching him and his family soon.

Yesterday we decided to walk to church. We usually take the colectivo, but we ran out of traveling money because of going to the doctor so much for Elder Ballard, and just decided to not use our own money to pay. When we were walking a woman stopped us and told us she was a member, and didn't know where the chapel was. We walked with her there and she told us a little about herself. She was born in El Salvador but lived in Guatemala as of a few days ago. She is the only member in her family. She left her three daughters with a Book of Mormon and just told them to read it and left for Cancun to find work. On her way here (via bus) she lost her bus pass and can't get there. So she has been here a couple days. That's when she saw us walking to church. We took her to the Bishop and the church is helping her get to Cancun. She told us that she would be leaving tomorrow (today) and was just so happy and grateful. She thanked us and was just so sincere. I feel like if that was the only reason Elder Ballard was sick, it was worth it.

I am so excited for Easter. I love this time of year, and thinking about the Atonement of Christ. I have a testimony that Christ lives. I know it with all of my heart. I know it just as much as I know the sun will rise tomorrow. I have a testimony of his divinity and that his Atonement is real. I have seen it bless my life and I am seeing it bless the lives of people here in Mexico. It is infinite and is the only way we can return to live with Him and our Heavenly Father. He leads our church today, I know it, and I cannot deny it.

I love you and miss you all! You are in my prayers. I love it here and am learning so much. Thanks for your prayers and support! I hope Tanner is feeling better. I am so excited for my package!! Thank you! Happy anniversary Lauren and Seth! I love you all, again!

Con Amor,

Elder Riley Stevenson


1 comment:

Mimi Bolster said...

I love Bon Ice! I wish they would sell it here. Riley, have a guanabana flavor for me.