Monday, April 4, 2011

A Uno De Estos Pequeñitos Un Vaso De Agua Fría

Mi Familia,

Ay so much exciting news! It was great to hear from you!!

Ok... I watched conference and saw all of the sessions, yet I did not hear President Haynie get called to the area 70! How exciting. It was in Spanish and the names were very poorly pronounced. And I paid really close attention because I remember I was thinking, how cool would it be if I knew someone who was called. Haha - oh man. ¡Felicidades a él! I feel a little famous for knowing him. You will have to let me know when you find out who the next Stake President is!

This week went by so fast. Time is going by so fast. And everyone tells me it only gets faster. Wow crazy!

Mom and Dad, I can´t believe President Brown was your Bishop! He was such a great MTC president. He truly inspired me and he and his wife are just so sweet. I wish I could tell him! That is so funny he said Dad would be a Bishop someday.

Elder Ballard is better! Saturday he started feeling better and we are going to be back to work, hooray!

To answer questions, yes I am getting plenty of food! It is great. We get 900 pesos a month. That is about $2.30 a day.

The shower is wonderful. I shower every day! It is cold. (Editor's note: Just to clarify, the water is cold. Based on local weather reports, it is not the air that is cold).

I do have a water bottle filter. It is really nice, and we have enough filters to last the whole mission. Hooray!

Ok Lauren asked me these:

We just moved! We live in an apartment, and live inside the ward boundaries now. Just barely. It´s in a neighborhood called the "Bienestar Social," or social well-being in English. And we live on the street "Niños Heroes." Haha - I love that. We live with two other Elders. That's another thing, our ward is huge. We got two new Elders to help out and we made tentative boundaries yesterday for us. (That's why we moved.) I was really bummed because we lost 6 investigators who had baptismal dates to the other Elders, leaving one with Elder Ballard and me. But I realized it isn't about me, it is about the work of the Lord, and so I am ok with it. In fact I am excited to get back to work in a more manageable area, and find people who are ready to hear the good news. Also Elder Ballard is not related to the Apostle Elder Ballard.

Things are good. We spent more time at the doctors and more time reading and studying. It has been a little discouraging not being able to work, but the Lord has blessed me nonetheless. I can understand so much even though I have been in the apartment just practicing by myself. I am speaking better and am improving everyday! A lot of members tell me that I am doing well for just being here this short while. Haha - not that it is me, but I have been praying so much for the gift of tongues and can see the Lord blessing me. I have a strong testimony that the gift of tongues is real!

I am so happy. Conference was amazing. Saturday we watched in Spanish but Sunday the stake president set up a TV in English. It was so weird to hear English - haha. But conference was amazing. (And it's not just because I am a missionary!) My favorite talk was President Uchtdorf's on Sunday morning. I loved what he said about sharing the gospel using technology and he just answered a lot of questions on my mind.

Well I am just about out of time, but all is well! I am so happy, I love it here. I know this church is true with all of my heart. I know Thomas S. Monson is a prophet and all that what was said at conference is literally scripture, and should be applied as such.

I love you all and miss you. I can´t wait to hear from you again next week!

Con Amor,

Elder Riley Stevenson

No comments: