Monday, March 28, 2011

El que esté sin pecado sea el primero en arrojar la piedra contra ella.

Mi Familia,

Hello from Mexico!

It was so good to hear from you Mom! I have the two emails this week, last week there was nothing. But it is so good to hear from you! Sounds like you are doing a lot of missionary work! And Tanner, too. : )

Just today I was thinking about coming back to visit Mexico when I get home. I would love to do that! It would be tons of fun.

Elder Ballard is an awesome trainer. He has been out 10 months, I am not sure if I have already said that. He is really great. But, he has been really sick. This last week we have mostly been in the apartment. We have been to a bunch of different doctors. The latest is that he has Typhoid. He was prescribed over $100 in medicine on Thursday, and he has been taking it and isn't getting any better. It is a bummer but I had a lot of time to study and ponder, which is great! I read Our Heritage, Our Search for Happiness, and over half of Jesus the Christ. It is so fun! And I have gotten to study Spanish and the scriptures a bunch. I am still seeing improvements! I know that the Lord is blessing me. I can't wait for him to get better so we can go back to work. I am going to start going on splits and working with members. I am happy!

I am sleeping great. I haven't had any Spanish dreams but I do have weird ones with Mexico mixed with home. Last night I had a dream that Alicia and I were driving to High School in a pink power wheels. When we got in, a supervisor (Dino) got really upset at me and told me I needed to throw the Power Wheels away. Then I found a Mexican market where the dance room is and hid it inside there. One of the ladies working there got really mad at me so I ran away. She spoke fast in Spanish and I could not understand her. Then I hid in the parking lot and then a Colectivo, or the buses here, drove in! I hopped in and made it out of San Marcos alive. Good stuff. Then I think we drove in snow.

The food is great, and I love it! I can't say that I don't miss Mom's cooking, because I really do.

I am glad you got the package! Thanks for dry cleaning the stuff, it was pretty dirty.

I barely sent my first batch of letters out of Mexico. The Post Office is in the inner-city, so it is hard to get there and what not. Sorry for those who are waiting! I think there were 5 letters. But it was fun going there because there are so many people and so many tiendas.

More great things about Mexico!
-The curbs are so high (for the Rain.) And if it is not high, it is sloped. And if it is neither, they have a sidewalk on top of the sidewalk. You always have to watch where you are walking.
-Everyone is nice! Everyone respects us and I have never felt in danger at all.
-There are dogs everywhere. For the most part they are good but there are certain dogs that are crazy. You have to carry rocks sometimes.
-People drink at all times of the day, and they love talking to us. I think I may have already mentioned that last week.
-The streets have Spanish names, so sometimes I feel like I am still in San Marcos.
-I don't know that I have met anyone here taller than me. It is very fun, but a bit overrated too, which Dad has always told me.
- On that note, sorry for ever not believing you and all the times I have ever been mean, ever. To: Everyone in the world. Professionally, Elder Stevenson
-Many people have Christmas decorations in their homes year round, which is one thing I have wanted to do since I was a niño.
-Lady Gaga is by far the most popular English-speaking music artist here.
-It is hot.
-We wash clothes by hand! I don't mind it at all; in fact it is really fun. But it takes a lot of time.

Well, things are great! I don't have too much to report, because I have mostly just been studying. But I am so happy! I love it here, and am learning very quickly. I know it is through the help of the Lord. How is everyone? I hope all is well! I realize how much I love you more every day!

This church is so true, I know it is and my testimony of that is strengthened every day. The only way to return to live with our Heavenly Father and Christ is through the atonement, faith, repentance baptism by the true authority, the gift of the Holy Ghost, and enduring to the end. I know without a doubt that it's true! I am so excited to hear from the prophet and apostles this weekend in general conference. I know that Thomas S. Monson is the God's true prophet on the earth today.

Thanks for everything, I love you all!

Con Amor,

Elder Riley Stevenson
 
P.S. To Brooke and Alicia: If the ab challenge is still going, I might be winning!

No comments: