Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Que Dedicaréis Vuestro Tiempo al Estudio de las Escrituras

Mi Familia,

Ocho semanas? Eso es tan loco y extrano, pero estoy listo por el campo.

Time is still speeding up, I cannot believe it. But I am so excited for the field. We have heard that we are most likely not getting reassigned but things are still behind schedule. I am ok with that though because I know I will go when the Lord wants me too! Nothing to worry about.

I will send my stuff home soon, when I find out that I am leaving. I have cash but I will make sure my debit card is still working. Mom, I haven't found typos in your letters, I am sure mine are infinitely worse. Dad tells me that he is correcting them before he blogs it. (Editor's note - they aren't that bad). Haha I am thankful for that. It sounds like missionary work is going great. You have done a lot more than me! I am excited to be in Mexico teaching real people. It sounds like everything is going great at home and I love hearing about what is going on. I am not homesick AT ALL. Which is so great.

This week was so good. We are still teaching a ton and I am learning so much. I feel like I have a good grip on every Spanish principle and just am a little short on vocab. Speaking Spanish is so fun and quite natural. Teaching is... ok I can't remember the word. Oh yeah, second nature. Is that correct? I can't remember... I got a ton of mail this week and there is no way I am going to be able to write everyone back. I feel really bad about that but I guess I don't have a choice. I feel so loved and am so thankful for such great family and friends.

The MTC transition was quite easy and went by fast. The best preparation by far was Seminary. I wish I could have known how important it was. But I am glad I went. Seriously if all you knew how to do was wake up early and work like you do in seminary, you would be more ready to be a missionary than 80% of the Elders here. Scripture mastery is so useful and there is not a problem I have come across (in my teaching) that couldn't be solved using scripture mastery. I am so thankful for my seminary teachers and all that I learned in seminary.

On Thursday I got called to the shot clinic to meet one of the ladies that works there. I was really confused because I already have my shots. When I got there they wouldn't let me in without a shot record. I tried to explain that I was only meeting someone but they assured me I needed it. I went back to my room (on the other side of the MTC) and got it, then when I got in I found out I was meeting the nurse who gave me my Typhoid shot. Haha I was thinking, oh no she gave me the wrong shot... Then she explained that Mandy Jepsen is her babysitter and gave me cookies from the Jepsen family. Haha I was happy and it was such a surprise!

I am officially no longer a Zone Leader. The Branch Presidency went on and on about how great of a job Elder Peck and I did and how we are going to be great missionaries. It made me so happy. I love my Branch Presidency and it is going to be hard to leave!

I still see Trevor (Elder Knight) almost daily which is so fun. We always just run to each other and hug! So fun. He is doing great and I can just tell he has such a good attitude about the work. It is going to be hard to leave the MTC. I still have so many more byes to say. I thought I was done when I left for here! But it is all part of the mission so no reason to complain.

My testimony gets stronger every day. I love studying and always being surrounded by the work and having an added measure of the spirit. Something I have really noticed this week is the Power of our Heavenly Father. He really can do whatever He chooses. I have come to realize more than anything that EVERYTHING happens for a reason. There are no mistakes made by God. He is never surprised by what happens on earth. The best is He has created a plan so we can return to live with Him. What a blessing to know that. I have realized His influence in my life as I reflect back. He really has blessed me and I am so excited to bring the world His true restored Gospel. There is no more exciting work. I know that He will take care of me as I leave for Mexico, maybe in 6 days!

I am so happy to be here! I have never been happier in my life. I love you all and miss you. Thanks for your prayers and support.

Con Amor,

Elder Riley Stevenson

No comments: