Saturday, March 12, 2011

¡Ya Llegó!

Editor's note:  Thursday Elder Stevenson flew to Boise, Idaho.  Friday he went to the Mexican Consulate there to sign his visa.  Today he flew back to Salt Lake City, then on to Mexico City and ultimately to Tuxtla Gutierrez.  They let him email when he arrived at the mission home to let us know he was there safely.


Mi Familia,

I just arrived in Tuxtla! We had no problems getting here and everything is going well. The Mexico City airport was a little hectic but we had an RM who went on his mission to Puebla tell us what to do, and some of the people spoke English. Mostly I heard "no entiende" from people there. Haha - I should get used to that. Mexico City is huge. I could not believe it when I was flying in. We had Elders pick us up at the airport in Tuxtla and drive us to the mission offices. I am staying here tonight and think I will go to my area tomorrow. It has been a long day and I am really tired. It is so pretty here. I love it. It is vey hot though. I am so excited to get to work! A few things, I don't think we get to go to the Temple that much which is kind of a bummer. The Elder that picked us up has been here 23 months and gone twice. But I am just happy there is one for the people here. Also all cards and packages come to the Mission Office. So I think I only get them every transfer. The address for letters is,

Elder Riley Stevenson
Misión Mexico Tuxtla Gutiérrez
Calle Jazmines #210
Fracc. Los Laureles
Tuxtla Gutiérrez, Chiapas, Mexico
C.P. 29020

And for packages you just put the name of the mission president above my name on its own line (Presidente Guillermo Velasco.)

I love you and miss you all. It was good talking on the phone this morning. Mom, have a good cruise! I hope the campout was fun for the Dad and Tanner.

I am so happy and am excited to be here. Thanks for your prayers, love and support!

Con Amor,

Elder Riley Stevenson

No comments: