Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Abrid Vuestra Boca y Será Llena

Mi Familia,

It feels like I haven't emailed home for a long time! Haha - just a week, like it usually is. It was so fun to call home on Friday though. It made me so happy that that Mom and Dad were both there. It was fun to hear voices and talk in person even if it was for just 5 minutes. Also I am feeling almost 100% better from the cold. Just in time to leave the MTC.

The last fill out letter I did send a SIM card with so it must have gotten out or something. Next time I will be more careful about how I send it home. I was kind of bummed because there were so many good pictures on it. Hermana Williams printed out pictures and gave some to me which was really nice. It made me feel better!

That was so cool to hear that Alicia would babysit free of charge for the masses. I can totally see her doing that because that’s just who she is. What a great example to all of us.

I was so excited to hear about the mission calls for the guys in the stake! I have some connections with Spokane, Justin's mission. One of my friends from BYU went to that mission Spanish speaking, and one of my friends at the MTC just left there going Spanish speaking. Unfortunately I don't have contact information for either one. But Elder Palmer's parents, the elder going to my mission that I met at the wilk, are the mission presidents there. They will be so awesome.

I got my driver’s license and picture of the temple. Thanks so much! I was excited to get them. They both look great!

Also I am still working hard in Spanish. I hope you weren't under the impression that I feel content with how much I know. I love learning more and I am!

This week I fasted to have a better understanding of the Atonement and also that the people I am going to teach will be prepared. We had mission conference and every talk was about the Atonement and I learned so much. I can't imagine what the Lord is doing to prepare the people of Chiapas to hear this message. I am so excited to get down there and teach.

The Hermanas and Elder Armijo leave for San Fernando tomorrow. It is going to be really hard to say bye, especially because I don't know when I will see any of them again! We have gotten so close. I love mi distrito. It is hard not to when you are with them almost all day for 9 weeks. But they are so great and are going to be great missionaries. I am so excited to get out to the field though! I haven't heard any more about when we will leave for Mexico. I just know that I am signing my visa Friday in Boise, and we get there Thursday night. We are hoping to get to do some missionary work while we are there. But nonetheless I am so excited to go to Mexico. I can't wait to teach the people! We could get there Friday night I guess but I think it is more likely that I will get to Mexico on Saturday. We will see! I should be able to email Thursday as well so I will let you know if I know anymore then.

The MTC went by so fast. It has been so great though! I love it here, and to be honest, I am kind of sad to leave this place. The food isn't half bad. Although I have eaten there 176 times and the menu doesn't change a whole lot from week to week. I have learned and grown so much. I can't believe how much I have grown. And can't imagine what is going to be like in the field. I know it is going to be a hard adjustment but I feel ready! I am not expecting to understand a whole lot at first but I know it will come. Everyone just says don't be afraid to talk. We didn't have TRC this week but we volunteered to be investigators. One of the Elders teaching us never talked because he was so worried about his Spanish. When he did talk it wasn't perfect but we knew what he was trying to say. I learned there that I just need to not be afraid of saying things wrong! I am just going to go down there and try my hardest. I already love the people. I know the Lord is preparing people for me and I am so excited for that! I already am so excited to meet people down there and teach them what I know is true.

Con Amor,

Elder Riley Stevenson

No comments: