Monday, May 16, 2011

Persistid en la Oración a Él

Mi Familia,

This week was a great one! And I remembered I have my cord for my camera so I am sending pictures from the baptism, I hope they work! I will be better about sending pictures.

Talking on the phone was so fun on Monday! I haven't felt distracted since. It was really fun and uplifting! It was so special to talk to everyone. Can't wait to talk on Christmas!

Elder Ballard had his colonoscopy Tuesday. Everything looks good apparently, even though he still has a lot of stomach pain. Presidente Velasco said we will be going to a different doctor this coming week if he is still having problems

So we had the mission conference and I got my mail! I had over 30 letters and the package. So fun! Thanks! It was fun to read the letters. It is funny because I only got a few written ones, and they are all about me finally going to Mexico! So I think it takes a while for them to get here.

The baptism was so good. We unlocked everything and were ready to go Friday night when the boys got their interview. Then Saturday the door where you turn on the faucet for the font was locked and we had to call to get help so we could start filling the font! It started late but everyone came late too, so it worked well. In fact, their dad wasn't going to come, so Elder Ballard and I were praying that he would, and he did! When the mom and sister arrived they didn't even know he was there. It was truly a miracle. There were 40 people there - amazing because we have about 50 people at sacrament meeting every week. There were 7-8 non-member extended family members that live in our area. We are going to teach them too, very soon! We gave talks too, I spoke on the Holy Ghost and Elder Ballard talked about the Atonement. Then we had the baptisms! Obispo Nefi baptized Alejandro (11), I baptized Jared (14), and Elder Ballard baptized Nefi (16). It went really great and they were all happy. The dad gave them all hugs and looked very happy. They were confirmed yesterday and their Mom and sister came to church. I don't think they had come for 12 years. We are hoping they start coming again. It was a great weekend.

We are having the mission conference today with Elder Cook. I am so excited!! I will let you know how it goes next week.

This week I learned so much. First, that prayer is so powerful. It is literally the communication between God and man. I also learned that it is really the best protection against Satan and temptations. We can ask for that strength and it will be given to us, just as it is promised so many times in the scriptures! I also learned more about becoming like Christ. Really that is the goal of this life. Chapter 6 in PMG is all about that. In my opinion, that is the most important chapter of Preach My Gospel. I am using the last page to try to improve as a person and missionary. Improvement is essential. If we are always improving, we will have nothing to worry about in the life to come.

I know this church is true. I love you and miss you all! Can't wait to hear from you all again.

Con Amor,

Elder Riley Stevenson


Obispo Nefi with Alejandro (11)


Elder Stevenson with Jared (14)


Elder Ballard with Nefi (16)


The whole Montejo Aguilar family, with the Elders, Bishop, and Bishop's son (also Nefi)



No comments: