Monday, May 9, 2011

Pídala a Dios

Editor's Note: Mission rules dictate that missionaries can call home twice a year, at Christmas and Mother's Day.  We spoke with Elder Stevenson earlier this evening, and he is happy, healthy, and enjoying life as a missionary.  He asked about many of you and sends his love to all.

Mi Familia,

Thanks for all the emails! I am so excited to talk to you tonight!!! Just call that number and it should work.

Congrats to Elder Hernandez and Marshall! I know that where we are called is where the Lord wants us and that He blesses us as we serve with all our heart, might, mind and strength.

Quentin L. Cook is coming to my mission! Next Monday! I am so excited to hear him speak and hopefully talk to him a little. We got haircuts today and are dry cleaning our suits, Hermana Velasco's orders. The whole mission will be there. We are not allowed to tell any of the members here, or else they might try to come, haha. I will have P-day on Tuesday. We also have a zone conference this Thursday. (I think I will get my first batch of mail!)

Were Natalie's clogging competitions at Lagoon? The other 3 elders in the ward are all from Utah, and we always talk about Lagoon. Because one member asked Elder Ward what there is to do in Utah and he said, “There’s this place called Lagoon...” I can't wait for someone to ask me what we have in California... Well there’s Legoland haha. But congrats to her!!! 3 firsts. Thats my Nat.

To answer questions, It has rained here 3 times I think. All for less than 10 minutes and really light. But rainy season is coming about now. (May-October)  So far my favorite Bonice is Piña-coco. I'm not too dark because I am usually inside with Elder Ballard, who is still sick. He is getting a Colonoscopy tomorrow. I am excited for him.

Despite the odds, we have 3 baptisms this Saturday, and maybe 4. The 3 Montejo brothers and one other. They are progressing quickly and I am so excited for them! I actually wasn't going to be able to talk Saturday because of their baptism, so that is good. But really Elder Ballard and I are still obedient and I know that is why we are having baptisms even though we don’t get to work that much. The Lord is blessing us.

My Spanish has improved a lot this week! I have had many members and other missionaries compliment me this week. Maybe they are just staring to understand me haha. But I am feeling confident and really am so happy to be here.

Time is going by sooo fast. Too fast. But I am learning so much and have grown so much here. I love being a missionary and sharing this gospel with others. I know it is true. I know it without a doubt! I know the Book of Mormon is true and really the only way to know if it is true is to read and pray about it. (James 1:5) I love my Savior Jesus Christ. I know He lives and atoned for our sins. And only through repentance can we return to live with him and our Heavenly Father. I know this is His church, restored, and on the earth again.

I love you so much and will talk to you soon! Hope all is well!!

Con Amor,

Elder Riley Stevenson

No comments: