Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Prepararse para Comparecer Ante Dios

Mi Familia,

This week was a good one! I cannot believe how fast time is going. And it just keeps going by faster and faster. Another transfer just ended and Elder Tapia got transferred to San Cristobal, the nicest area in the mission as far as weather goes. He is going to be a zone leader, and he is going to be great. It was hard to see him go because we got along really well and we had so much success this transfer. In fact one of the assistants to the President congratulated me and told me to keep up the hard work and even the President mentioned it on the phone to Elder Tapia. I am working hard to have more success this transfer.

My new companion is Elder Nay, from Eugene, Oregon. He is a really good Elder and we got along really well. He has about 10 months in the mission. I think we are going to do a lot of great things here in La Salle. The ward is great and it will be hard to leave them some day. I will have 6 months with them after these short 6 weeks.

Roque got baptized on Friday. I forgot my Camera so I will send pictures another time. It was a great service and a bunch of people came, mostly non-members. He was happy after and told us he felt something special while he was there. Baptisms are so amazing and I still remember how I felt when I got baptized. I know it was the spirit testifying that the baptism is valid, and you could feel a little bit of God's love for us through the spirit.

Mom - Olga, her baby, and Alejandra (the less active family) came to church. The ward was so warm and nice to them, and I knew they were so happy to be there, and I think they are going to keep coming. Also I love how you are sharing the gospel so much. Something that is really important about the people we contact: Be sure to invite them to do something, like come to church or an upcoming activity. It is easier than calling for a Book of Mormon. I always write the address of the church on pass along cards or the little folletos (pamphlets).

This week I really learned the importance of trusting in our Father in Heaven. I was thinking about how this life is the time for us to prepare to meet God. I imagined coming into God's presence, what could I possibly say to Him? That is why it is so important that we have a good relationship with Him here on earth. It will be easy if we have meaningful prayers and really trust Him, and study about Him in the Scriptures. Then we will know Him, know how He is, and just talk to Him like a prayer- like how we always had. That made me realize I can do better in my prayers, and I am working on that right now.

I know this is Christ's true church. There is no doubt in my mind. I know that Christ lives, and through His atonement we will someday be made perfect, like Him and our Heavenly Father. I know my Heavenly Father lives and loves us. I know that we can do all things through them. I know Thomas S. Monson is a prophet of God.

I love you all so much. I miss you but know that before we all know it I will be back at home, most likely up to no good. Just kidding.

Con Amor,

Elder Riley Stevenson

No comments: