Monday, July 4, 2011

Lágrimas de Gozo ante El Señor, Por Causa de Sus Tiernas Misericordias

Mi Familia,

Happy 4th of July! People have been telling me congratulations today, so I just tell them thanks. It is really funny because there are always random fireworks going off here, like seriously every day. I haven't heard one today. But I hope everyone has a great day!

Things are really good here! I cannot believe 6 months are already gone. It went by so fast, I cannot believe it. I am so happy to be here though!

To answer questions, I already have a binder from the MTC, my umbrella is holding up great, we can wear nametags and also we can contact door to door - which we do a lot!

Elder Stevenson and Elder Ward study from The Bible


This week the 3 Montejo boys went to the temple to do baptisms. They said it was great and that they loved it. Alejandro (12) bore his testimony on Sunday and just cried and cried. I might have shed a tear as well. It is so amazing to see people grow testimonies of this gospel. The crazy thing is I feel like I barely do anything, it is all the spirit.

This week we were really busy and walked a lot. One day we were contacting and we finished and were just walking to lunch at a member’s house. Then a man called out, ¡Elderes! We stopped and talked to him. It turns out he isn't the biggest mormon missionary fan and was yelling at us after about 2 minutes. Then their neighbors came out and also called out, ¡Elderes! I was pretty worried and figured some mean missionaries had contacted the street but it was less active members. We talked to them after and said they came out because they heard yelling. We had a lesson with them and I think it helped them a lot - they have a bunch of problems. They didn’t come to church but I think it was because they have no money, but now the ward is going to help them. It reminded me of the Book of Mormon in Alma where it says that the Lord works by many means to help the children of men, or something like that, I don’t remember how it goes in English.

Before the baptism this week


We had a baptism this Saturday and it went very well. Pepe, Rosi, Arturo and Ari got baptized. It was a very special day. They are all doing great.

We had an amazing week and found some new great people. One had been praying for the word of God, another has had problems with life in general and we gave her a Book of Mormon. I love the Book of Mormon, and I know it is the word of God. It really helps us so much in all aspects of life. I know it is scripture and that it contains the fullness of the gospel. I know Joseph Smith translated it by the power of God.

I love you all so much and miss you, take care!!!

Con Amor,

Elder Riley Stevenson

No comments: