Monday, July 25, 2011

Meeting Presidente Cárdenas

Mi Familia,

This week was great. I am so happy and just doing great.

Mom, I hope you had a great birthday yesterday! I thought about you a lot and prayed you had a great day. To answer questions, It is hot but I am really used to it. If it is under 85 degrees I get so cold. I sleep fine and the apartment is perfect. I am doing great with money and don't need anything. Today I am going to take out the money you sent me and also an emergency account of $40 that the mission announced we need to have in the house from our own money. For transportation we get 800 pesos, (a month) and this month we are doing good on money.

This week we had zone conference so I finally got to meet Presidente Cárdenas and his family. They are so sweet and loving. I am happy they are here and know that he will receive inspiration for us as missionaries.

We also had a baptism this week for Itzelt. It was one of the most beautiful services I have ever seen. She was so nervous but so happy to get baptized. Her family came and her friend that is a member from another Stake. Her friend gave a talk and just said how she never thought that her friends would accept the gospel. It made me think about my friends and how I never talked about the church with them. Of course now as a missionary I can't think of another thing to talk about with someone. I remember a time at school when a close friend said she would get join the Mormons because she agreed with all of our beliefs and would like to be Mormon. I think told her that that was cool and asked what the homework was for that night. I laugh at how pathetically sad that was.

We are teaching a lot of people and I love them so much. I love being here. My testimony is growing and I am learning so much. I loved something that Presidente told us. He said that Joseph Smith could not have written Doctrine and Covenants 120:20-21. I dwelt on that and knew it was true. I know Joseph Smith was a prophet and could not have made up the things he wrote, they are eternal principles.

I love you and miss you all, have a great week!

Con Amor,

Elder Riley Stevenson

No comments: