Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Tres razones para sonreír ... o quizás tan sólo dos

Mi Familia,

Hello from Tuxtla! This week was a good one.

First I saw the funniest shirt in a store here the other day, it was in English and went a little like this,

3 Reasons to smile.
It's sunshine!
It's holiday!

I wanted to buy it because I think it is the funniest thing in the world, but I didn't. If I see it again I will have to take a picture.

We are working really hard over here! We found new people to teach this week and our investigators are progressing a lot. This week at church almost 100 people came. I think my first week here we had around 40. The ward is growing and it is so fun to be part of the Lord's work. I hope it can continue to grow. One family that we are teaching is awesome. The mom is a member but less active. Her oldest son is a member too but also inactive. We taught them with the Bishop there and they all came to church on Sunday, 6 kids. It was so great to see them there and the ward treated them really well.

Susi got baptized too! It was so exciting. Her family couldn't come but we had so many ward members there. It was so sweet to see the ward there. She has so many friends in the church. She has gone through a lot, but it doesn't stop her from staying strong. She is so strong and I am so happy we had the opportunity to teach her.

We were teaching a woman named Isabel as well and she asked us in the first lesson if we pay tithing in our church. I was a little nervous but told her yes, ha of course. Then when we explained it all to her, we asked if she would pay her tithing after her baptism. She said yes, and asked if she could start paying before too. I was so caught off guard and had no idea what to say. The truth is I still don't know how that works but that really helped me understand the importance of tithing a little more.

We also had a great lesson with Itzelt this week. We talked about the temple and she is so excited to go and do baptisms, she will go this Thursday. We also invited her mom to get baptized, but she said no. She had already promised a family member that she would go to their church, but she looked at me in the eye and said she would someday. I knew she was telling me true, and know she already has a testimony that this gospel is the truth. I tried everything to help her accept until I was begging her to get baptized, because I wanted to be there to see it. She told me that if I get transferred she will go there to be baptized when she can. I love that family so much and they have helped me feel at home here in Tuxtla.

I am so happy to be here! I see miracles everyday. I love the mission so much. I miss you all and love you! I know this church is true.

Con Amor,

Elder Riley Stevenson

No comments: