Monday, August 15, 2011

¿No han de tener respuesta las muchas palabras?

Mi Familia,

Ok - I had a ton of letters today and don’t have much time to write, sorry!!!

I think I am mostly going to answer questions because there are lots!


First, we only get to go to the temple here once, like 2 days before you go home. I have been by it many times and it is beautiful, and everyone has seen it, even though I am on the complete opposite side of Tuxtla. I don't know how many investigators I have right now, but we have a lot. They aren’t home a lot and that has been a problem the last few weeks, we are going to look for new ones. And yes we tract almost every day. We knock on lots of doors, contact in the streets, and combis.


A member made the fish meal. It was really good too! When I make food I usually have a quesadilla, yogurt, cereal, or nutella on bread. Simple things, partly because I am so tired when we eat (in the morning and night) and also we don’t have much time. We don’t have an hour for lunch and dinner, just lunch from 2-3 and we work till 9 after that.


I still wash my own clothes, and I sent a picture of me with all of my white shirts and the bucket I was going to wash them in. It takes a long time and is tiring, but I am pretty good at it. I haven't confirmed anyone yet, because in our ward the members do it. My Spanish is still improving, though my zone leader told me I learned Spanish faster than any other missionary he has seen, and he has 23 months in the mission! He is also Mexican which makes it more valid, I think. I do not translate in my mind, and it is so hard to read/write/speak in English. I have to translate to write home. The ward members compliment me a lot, and the members from other wards always ask me if I am training Elder Nay and think I have 16+ months in the mission. I think that is a good thing!


Ok I have to go but I will write home better next week, I love you all and miss you!!!

Con Amor,

Elder Riley Stevenson

No comments: