Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Se Realizó Un Gran Cambio En Su Corazón

Mi Familia,


This week was busy! And very different. When I was writing you last week the zone leaders called and told us we would be going to Elder Ward and Day's area, and the Sisters to ours. We had about an hour for Elder Ward to explain to me the area and investigators before they left. This week we did a lot of searching for investigators, and also for a house for the Sisters. We finally found one, but they can’t move in until Thursday, because the owner had to do repairs and doesn't live in Tuxtla. But we are starting to be able to work again.

This week's baptism - Gabriel - 15 years old and a pro soccer player.


Our new area is in the same ward, but the southern part. It is all mountains, and more beautiful. The streets aren't as nice, if you can call them streets! And also we have the most dangerous part of Tuxtla in our area. We have to be out of there by 6. We have already seen some sketchy stuff but I know we will be alright.

Live monkey on the hood - probably not the sketchy stuff he was referring to.


We have a lot of great people we are teaching and I am super happy to be here, but sad to have to leave the other area. I still get to see everyone at church, but don't get to go to their houses and see their progression like I used to, but I know that is just part of the mission.

View from Elder Stevenson's area.


Things are good and I am so happy. I am excited to get back to work. I will have more stories when I am actually working again (haha). I love you all and miss you so much!!

California plates in Tuxtla! Registration hasn't been renewed since 2003...


Con Amor,

Elder Riley Stevenson

No comments: