Thursday, August 11, 2011

Y Descendió La Lluvia, Y Vinieron Los Torrentes

Mi Familia,

Hello! This week was busy with work, and a good one.

First, to answer questions: There are 10 or 12 in the mission and none in the zone, but... The rumor is that sister missionaries will be coming in this transfer to our area. The mission president told someone in our ward that (ha ha). Then I had an interview with him this week and he was asking about the area, if it is dangerous, how long I have been there, etc. Transfers are two weeks from today, I think I am a goner but we will see what happens. And I almost always study in Spanish. The only time I use my English scriptures is to read the bible dictionary or index, it is much more complete in English.

Tanner and Dad are coming home! I can't believe dad's picture, he looks really good. I remember when we came back - that first meal I ate was so good. I hope they had a great time.

Things are going really good here. This week we got a referral from another ward. His name is Gabriel and he is 15. We called him and he told us he wanted to get baptized. We went to his house and he told us that he has been to church and loves it. His best friend is a member of our ward too. It was amazing to see how prepared he was for this message. Gabriel is also a really cool kid. He plays pro soccer and already wants to go on a mission. He is going to get baptized on the 20th of this month.

Yesterday it rained super hard. We were contacting and an 8 year old kid let us in the house. He was so sweet. This kid had me laughing so much. He told us how he was a clown for work so I assumed he worked in the street. There are a ton of people that sell stuff and do shows in the big intersections for money. You can see a bunch in the picture I sent last week, but there are also clowns that juggle and stuff like that. When I asked him if he did he told me no, that people hire him to work in houses and parks or parties. He told me he makes about 1500 pesos a day, more than 100 dollars. I couldn't believe it. But he told me his Dad does it too and I guess they are really successful clowns.

We had another reference from some members of the ward. It is a family of 5. The dad's name is Wilmar, and he is from Colombia. They are so great and they are progressing a lot. The dad is so humble and told us he has been looking for a guide in his life. I couldn't believe how ready he was to hear our message. He and his wife aren't married yet, but they are trying to work that out. His wife is from Honduras and I have no idea if it going to be easy or hard for them to get married. We will see. But when they do they will be all ready to be baptized.

Things are so good here. I have no doubt in my mind that this church is true. I know it is Christ's only church on the earth and that he leads it and is very involved in all of its aspects.

I love you all and miss you!

Con Amor,

Elder Riley Stevenson

No comments: