Monday, September 26, 2011

No Cesa de Ser Dios, Y Es Un Dios de Milagros

Mi Familia,

This week was a great one! We worked a lot with the members this week. A while ago while we were walking we stopped to talk to a man who was actually a member, but less active. He said he wanted us to talk to his wife, who I already knew. We talked to her and had one of the best lessons I have had in the mission - we really taught to her needs and I felt like we helped her. Her name is Yadira. Then she told us she wanted us to talk to her husband, and also her neighbor. We talked to her husband another day and were able to talk about the temple a little. They are not sealed and have been members for about 4 years. We also talked to her neighbor. She accepted a baptismal date and her daughter as well. She is so sweet and humble. Her name is Blanca Esetla, and her daughter is Alejandra. Blanca came to church with Yadira, and also brought her handicapped granddaughter. Alejandra didn't come as she had to work. She said she liked church and she wants to go again. I love her a lot and respect her so much for her humility and faith.

"The Sponge" Laundry


We also are teaching another woman named Arely, and two of her daughters who also have children of their own. They are so awesome and they are really interested in the church. They were Seventh Day Adventists. We had a great lesson about the Plan of Salvation and they want to go to the temple to be sealed.

It is so great to be a missionary. I love being able to tell may people where their family members are that have already passed away, giving blessings, helping less actives remember the importance of the church, explaining why bad things happen to good people, calling to repentance, testifying that Jesus lives and loves us, and teaching His gospel to my brothers and sisters. I love seeing the people I teach change, and love being a missionary. I see miracles every day. The time is going by way too fast.

"I Love My Area"


I am so happy to be here. This weekend is cambios (transfers). The ward members keep asking me if I am leaving. Haha - but I hope it is because they love me, and not because they want me to leave. One woman in the ward took a picture with me and Elder Nay last Sunday by the church name plaque where we take pictures for baptisms - haha. I hope I can stay more time because I love this ward and the members. But I will do whatever the Lord says.

I miss you and love you! Thanks for your love and prayers!

Con Amor,

Elder Riley Stevenson

No comments: