Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Ambos Son Edificados Y Se Regocijan Juntamente

Mi Familia,

This week was great, and I loved General Conference. It was so good. I got to see every session, the first in Spanish because we brought investigators so we sat with them. But I saw the other 4 in English. First, I am so happy that there is going to be another temple in Provo! The day that the Provo Tabernacle burnt was the day I left BYU to come on the mission, which was a sad day for me. But now P-Town will have a 2 temples right there. ¡Viva Provo! I love the temple and know it is the house of the Lord. I also loved the talk that Elder Holland gave in the Priesthood session. It was my favorite. He put into words a lot of things that I have been feeling here in the mission. I testify that the Lord needs more missionaries, and more worthy missionaries. I also loved the talk by Elder Callister about the Book of Mormon. I know the Book of Mormon is the word of God, because I too have read every page of it, in English and Spanish.

Transfers came and... I am staying! It is my 6th transfer in La Salle. I am so happy to be able to serve here. Some members and converts expressed a lot of love and a few tears were shed this weekend, because they advise us Sunday nights so we still didn’t know during the conference. But I am glad I can stay. Elder Nay is staying with me too which is awesome.

This week was really good. Itzelt's niece announced to us that she is going to get baptized. It made me so happy. The sister missionaries are teaching her, and she will be baptized this Saturday. Her brother in law also had a dream that he got baptized in the church and he wants to start coming with his wife and 9 year old son, who always tells me he wants to be a missionary. I gave him an HLJ ring and am teaching him English. Itzelt also told me she wants me to do the temple work for her father that passed away. It meant a lot to me and I am going to see if I can do it while I am here, if not I sure hope I can return!

Our investigators that came to conference are people we found knocking on doors. The mother, Arely let us in. Two of her daughters (that are already adults with kids) started listening to us because they were so surprised that their mom was listening to us. Supposedly she never listens to missionaries and when she started listening she stopped drinking, something she has done for many, many years. We hadn't even taught the Word of Wisdom but we taught it and she accepted it. They are awesome and I will keep you updated on them over the next few weeks.

Things are really good here, and I love being a missionary. I love being here, and haven't been more happy here. I love this work and rarely think about home. I can't believe how fast time is going and pray for it to slow down. Well thanks for your support and prayers. I love you so much! I testify that Thomas S. Monson is a prophet and the leaders of the church are men chosen by God.

Con Amor,

Elder Riley Stevenson

No comments: