Monday, October 31, 2011

Dios Os Dará Conocimiento Por Medio De Su Santo Espíritu

Mi Familia,

Thanks for all the letters, this week was full of miracles. I am so happy to be here.

First, I had a great experience on Thursday. We went to teach one of our investigators. She hasn't progressed very much and I know she has a lot of problems, but she hadn't told us what and she didn't want to. She told us that our church wasn't going to solve her problems. As we talked to her I prayed and asked for the Lord's help to help me know what she was dealing with. I had a strong impression to ask her about the family. She told me it did have to do with her family but nothing else. I knew in that moment that it was with her husband. I reluctantly asked hoping not to offend her. She started to cry and told us everything. She is having a really hard time and doesn't know what to do. Her kids are struggling a lot. I was able to show her a picture of our family and of the temple. I bore testimony of the sealing ordinances and promised her she would live with her family without pain someday. It was an amazing experience with prayer because I really had no idea what was going on with her before.

The baptism of Arely and Rocío


We had 2 baptisms this week. Arely and Rocío, a mom and daughter we found knocking on doors. It is amazing to see how much they have progressed. The other woman in the picture is also starting to listen to us. It is the sister of Rocío and daughter of Arely. They have a lot of family members that have told us they are amazed because Arely has always drunk alcohol, and stopped when she started talking to us. That is why Rocío started listening to us and I hope her other children and grandchildren follow in their footsteps.

We had the conference with Elder Tenorio on Saturday. It was so good, and I learned so much from him. He has so much faith and is an amazing servant of the Lord. He talked to us about prayer and tithing. Also a lot about marriage now that I think about it. I got to see a bunch of old Elder friends and we had a great time catching up, but we didn't get mail. Until next transfer!

The baptism of the sister missionaries


Yesterday we received a referral from our Bishop, from a member from another stake. We visited them last night and it is a whole family. One of the sons just started in his drug addiction again and the family is taking it really hard. They completely opened up to us and I already love them so much. We taught them about the atonement and the temple, and I am not sure if I have felt the spirit stronger in a lesson in my life. The mom was crying almost the whole time. She wants us to visit her soon in rehab so we are going to ask for permission to visit him, because his family can't. The mom told us we were angels and she knew we were sent from God. She kept thanking us for being there. They even offered us a coffee and a ride home. We only accepted the ride home.

I am so happy. I know this is Christ's church and He loves us, this is His work.

Con Amor,

Elder Riley Stevenson

No comments: