Monday, October 24, 2011

Bienaventurados Los Que No Vieron Y Creyeron

Mi Familia,

This week was a good one. Very fast, I can't believe how fast time is going.

We were teaching a family of 4 that moved back to their little town in Siltepec. The father, Ubén, has cancer and that is why they were living here in Tuxtla. His wife and 2 kids are so sweet. But they moved back to their town where there are no missionaries nor churches. They we going to get baptized Sunday but they weren't going to get confirmed so we couldn't do it. It makes me so sad but they said they are going to go to church in Tapachula, a city 4 hours away and take the discussions there at the house of a family member. I love them and it was so hard to say bye. Ubén is very sick so I hope he and his family make it to be baptized.

Another investigator, Noé, or Noah, went to church last Sunday and participated in the ward's talent show on Saturday. He is so shy but got up in front of everyone and danced and played in an air band. He is so awesome and so ready for the gospel. I love to see people changing. He is going to get baptized the 5th of November.

It is getting cooler here and not raining. I am so happy and things are just great. This Saturday we are going to have a conference with a member of the 70, I forgot his name but he is Mexican and has glasses, from Veracruz. His last name starts with a T (editor's note: he is Octaviano Tenorio, and was a former president of the Tuxtla Gutierrez mission). But I am so excited and will see some Elders that are in Tuxtla but haven't seen for a while.

Also I have a quote of the week. "It is like Thomas said: I have to see before I believe."

I love you and miss you. I need to pay more attention to the hour because I have to go! Until next week!

Con Amor,

Elder Riley Stevenson

No comments: