Monday, October 17, 2011

El Obrero Es Digno de Su Salario

Mi Familia,

This week was a great one. Haha - we had 110 people at church this week! The ward is really going strong. When I got here we were having 55-65 every week. It is a real miracle to see the progress of the ward. The bishopric is really excited and we are going to keep working.

Definitely Monsoon Season


This week was special because the sisters baptized the niece of Itzelt. A lot of her family come every week to church and I think more are going to get baptized soon. Also another kid I was teaching moved but got baptized in the other ward. It makes me so happy to see that my work has helped more people accept the gospel. Also, Itzelt wants the Temple work done for her father.

Tuxtla Gutierrez


Blanca Estela got baptized this week. She is a very special woman. We met her because we were contacting and found a less active member, we visited him and his family, and they gave us the referral. The members come every week now, and Blanca Estela's life has really changed. She has such a sweet testimony of this gospel and has changed more than any other convert I have seen. She is so much happier now and is very grateful for the the blessings in her life. Her daughters also want to be baptized but work on Sunday, and one lives with her boyfriend. We are going to see what we can do with them.

Blanca Estela's baptism


Ha - oh man the pictures took a while this week, but I am so happy and will write more next week. Hope everyone is good there, I love you all! I know this is Christ's Church.


Con Amor,

Elder Riley Stevenson

No comments: