Monday, November 14, 2011

Cuanto Sellares En La Tierra, Sea Sellado En Los Cielos

Mi Familia,

Hey-o. About 3 hours ago they called and I am being transferred! I am going to Ciudad Hidalgo. I am pretty sure it is the most southern area in the mission, and therefore the most southern area in Mexico. It is near Guatemala and the beach. It is super hot I think. I am excited to work there, but sad to leave La Salle. It is seriously such a great ward and I have seen a lot of great changes here. This week 118 people came to church, about double of what it was when I first got here in March. And the ward is just starting to go visiting and home teaching, so I know it is going to grow even more. I hope I can see such progress in Ciudad Hidalgo. My companion is Elder Cubillos. I don't know him but he was in the zone when I first got here. He has 21 months in the mission. I am really excited right now. I leave today at 3:45, and I think it will be about a 6 hour trip.

Well... Emma is getting married on Friday and baptized on Saturday. I am so happy for her. Yesterday I was able to bear testimony to her husband who has a lot of friends and family that tell him things about the church that make him doubt. But he said he was going to pray and ask God if it was the true church. If he gets baptized in these months I might be able to go to their sealing in one year.

Well I have to pack and get ready so I will write you next week with more info. I miss you guys! Also I am super excited that Dad speaks Spanish.

I love you all!!!!

Con Amor,

Elder Riley Stevenson

No comments: