Monday, November 28, 2011

Los Hombres Son Libres Para Escoger La Libertad Y La Vida Eterna

Mi Familia,

This week was the shortest in the mission. I can't believe how fast time is passing! Things are good here in Ciudad Hidalgo.

This week wasn't as hot, or maybe I am just getting used to it. It is so hot and humid that you sweat just sitting. I am used to it though. I drink a lot of water. People are starting to decorate their houses for Christmas. It makes me really happy, and then confused because I wonder why it is so hot in this time of the year. Thanksgiving does not exist here, I already knew that but had hope that something special would happen. Haha - I ate frosted flakes for dinner. They were grrreat.

This city is actually really cool. Everyone knows each other, because it is so small. We sometimes ask our investigators questions about other investigators and they all know each other. Also did I mention the church building is so beautiful? It really is very beautiful.

Our investigators are great, but a lot aren´t married, and would have to travel to their home country to get the papers to get married. It makes things complicated but it is alright.

This week I learned a lot in my studies. Something that really hit me was Moses 1:39. It is a scripture that everyone knows but I learned a lot from it when I was studying. I love thinking about how it is God's WORK and GLORY to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man. God wants us to have exaltation. It is His work, it is what He does, His passion, and I am sure and the scriptures testify that He doesn't do anything that doesn't help us get to that point, living with Him again. It is also His glory, it is what makes Him happy, it is what really brings Him joy and makes Him who He is: God. Knowing that the Godhead is one in purpose, and perfectly unified, it is also the purpose of Christ and the Holy Ghost. I also learned that at some point, in this life or the next, we will have to give up everything to enter into His kingdom. Nothing less is worthy to enter and live with Him. God helps us to do it and works without stop to give us that, but like 2 Nephi chapter 2 teaches, we choose.

I am so happy. I love being here and being a missionary. I know this church is true, I am sure of it. Next week I will include more details... sorry. I love you and miss you all!

Con Amor,

Elder Riley Stevenson

No comments: