Monday, December 5, 2011

Los Insectos También Abrumarán Sus Tierras

Mi Familia,

Thanks for all of the birthday wishes! I feel so loved. I know it will be a great birthday. We are going to have a zone conference tomorrow so I think I will get my mail but who knows. This week was really good. I learned a lot and had some great experiences.

First, we found a scorpion in the house this week! We killed it and it did no harm. It reminded me of Dad's mission story when they killed a scorpion in his house. I always thought that was the craziest story and wondered how a scorpion could get into the house, but I got to find out more by experience. Also the story about when dad's comp pegged the dog in the head with a rock, but I have lived that many times.

This week we got a referral for a 9 year old girl named Dana Paula, but she likes to be called Pali. Her parents are members, but less actives. The family came to church on sunday and Pali is so excited to get baptized, if everything turns out well she will be baptized on the 17th by her dad.

We had some great lessons this week. We have really been helping our investigators and not just teaching them what we know. I have felt so thankful for the opportunity I have had to serve the Lord in His work.

This week I have studied a little about the second coming. I really have a strong belief that the second coming is going to come very, very soon. We need to be ready by keeping the commandments. Also by searching for the signs so we know when Christ will come again. I think it was Joseph Fielding Smith who said that many living in the world would see the second coming of the Lord. I don't know when he said it, but he died in 1972. So it has to be right around the corner.

I am really happy, and hope everything is good. I love you guys and want to thank you for your support.

Heres a good Christmas scripture, "Ho, ho, come forth, and flee from the land of the north, saith the Lord: for I have spread you abroad as the four winds of the heaven, saith the Lord." -Zechariah 2:6... Santa lives.

Con Amor,

Elder Riley Stevenson

No comments: