Monday, December 19, 2011

"Pero Confiad; Yo He Vencido Al Mundo"

Mi Familia,

Hey this week was great. So the good news is that there is no limit on the phone call! President only said that he doesn't want us to talk literally all day. It is the best gift I could ask for, so I will talk to you Saturday at 1 your time. I don't have too much to say because we will be talking in a few days.

We had the baptism of Dana Paula on Saturday. In the morning we emptied the font with buckets because the water only drains to a certain point and then it stays there. It was fun, but took a while. Then we filled it up which takes a whopping 4 hours, but we went out to teach a few people, and had the baptism in the afternoon. A lot of people came, mostly family that are not members of the church, and it was a great experience. I felt the spirit very strongly.

Grandma mentioned that they are translating the temple ceremony to tzotzil (an indian dialect). I would like to read the article or a little more information! My companion right now had some time in an area that spoke tzotzil and learned a little.

This week I studied a lot about the atonement of Jesus Christ. I learned so much. I am so grateful that He suffered for us. I know that He lived a perfect life and that He lives now. I know that prayer is so important and powerful. When Christ had to suffer all things, He was praying and asking help from our Father. I know that he overcame all of the horrors of Satan, and that He lives and loves us.

I love you and miss you. Talk to you on Saturday! Merry Christmas!

Elder Riley Stevenson

No comments: