Monday, December 26, 2011

Se Llamará Su Nombre Admirable, Consejero, Dios Fuerte

Mi Familia,

Thanks for the emails! It is good to hear from you even though we talked on Saturday. It was nice to talk for so long and hear from everyone. Oh and Mom, I thanked the Hermana for letting me use the phone and she was so nice about it. I hope everyone had a good Christmas even if they were sick in bed! I had a good day. We went to church (all 3 hours), we went to eat, and then my companion talked to his family. President made a deal with my companion that if he fixed everything in his school and at home my comp would stay here in the mission for his last transfer. President did it and he is staying here. I am glad because he is a good Elder and I will be able to learn more from him.

I am also almost completely sure that I will stay here the full 2 years, stay at home, and then start school in the spring. I thought about it a lot yesterday when my companion was talking with his family, weighing out options and seeing what would happen. I am not positive so I am going to keep praying. I would definitely work at home and study in the summer too I think. We will see what happens. Would you have to tell BYU?

Well I don't know if I have too much more to say because we talked less than 2 days ago. Haha - oh I read the article that Grandma sent about the Tzotziles. It is a great article and I didn't know about a lot of that stuff that it said. I know Elder and Sister Utt. They are awesome; they worked with an Elder that was living with us when he didn't have a companion. They drove us in their car to our area and made us laugh a lot. I also know a lot of Elders that have worked or are currently in the Tzotzil Zone. My comp was actually there for a short time and he has taught me a little. It is amazing to see that the gospel is being brought to many nations tongues and people.

I am happy and enjoyed Christmas time. I want to share my testimony of the Lord. I know that he was born more than 2000 years ago to Mary. I know that He was a great teacher, healer, and friend and still is. But I also testify that He was more than that. I know that He is literally the Savior of the world. He loves us, and still lives. He has eyes that see us, ears that hear us, and a mouth that talks to us.

Con Amor,

Elder Riley Stevenson

The whole internet cafe lost connection when I was about to send the email so I couldn't send it last week, (this is it) sorry!!

No comments: