Monday, December 12, 2011

Si No Sois Uno, No Sois Míos

Mi Familia,

This week was great. I had a great birthday!!! I did get the packages on Tuesday. We had a great zone conference. I learned a lot about faith. And also about "spiderwebs" of missionary work. For example, "the members don't help", or "no baptisms there", or "the bishop is no good", etc. President said we need to get rid of them, work, and have faith. I loved something that he taught. He said difficulties can be seen as stumbling blocks or steps of progress. It is so true, and we need to see our difficulties as a form of eternal progression. They refine us. We had a great meal and sang Christmas carols and had activities. Thanks for the packages, they were amazing! I was so excited for the ties and socks. Thanks so much!!! On my birthday I got another tie from an investigator, a wallet from members, and also a carne asada dinner from my companion. It was a great day. The President and his wife also called me to wish me a happy birthday, and many members told me happy birthday too.

This week was filled with some awesome things. Yesterday we saw a part of the Annual Ciudad Hidalgo Tricycle Race. It was so sweet, they take 5 laps around the whole city. I have never seen a tricycle go so fast. Also, a family we are teaching told me that they have a house in Acapulco, and told me that I can go and visit when I get home from the mission. I want to go with Dad, and the whole family! But Dad because he served there on his mission.

Also yesterday we went to the house of other investigators to take them to church, when we saw a police car outside taking them away. We told them they should have gone to church! But it turns out that a neighbor started fighting with one of them. They are home now with little harm. I think they are going to go to church next week.

We have another investigator that told us a few weeks ago that she didn't believe that Joseph Smith was a prophet. On Friday we had a lesson with her, and she told us that she had been reading about Joseph in a book of her brother-in-law (he is serving his mission in Guadalajara right now). She had a dream about him and told us that she knows he was a prophet and that he restored the true church. She wants to get baptized but isn't married, so we are going to have to keep working with her.

This week I studied about the importance of "one." The Lord said that if we are not one, we are not His. I am sure that Jesus is the Christ because he did the will of the Father, that is why they are one. I also found that Zion, the City of Enoch, was one in heart I think it says, and that when Christ came the the Americas He came to bring His other sheep, to make them one fold having one shepherd. It says in 4th Nephi that there were no -ites, or divisions. Division=Destruction. If we want to be like Christ, we have to do His will. What we do is who we are. I know Christ did the will of the Father, perfectly.

I love you and miss you, until next week!

Con Amor,

Elder Riley Stevenson

No comments: