Monday, January 2, 2012

Esperamos Poder Sufrir Todas Las Cosas

Mi Familia,

Thanks for all of the emails! This week was really good. Sorry the email didn't get sent last week, we lost connection when I was about to send it! But anyways, this week we found a couple of great people. One investigator is Marlene, she is a young woman of 19 years that we found contacting. In the same first lesson she accepted a baptismal date and we are going to see if she is going to progress. She has a 2 year old girl that is super tall, the size of a 5 year old. We found another family that is great but they work a lot so it is going to be hard to find them in the house. We taught extended family members yesterday and they were so respectful and listened to us teach them about the Book of Mormon. They accepted what we told them so we will see if we can send missionaries to their houses. It is really fun to be here because I get to meet people from a bunch of countries. I am almost meeting people from Guatemala, Honduras, and El Salvador. It is sweet too because I know people that have served their missions in those places.

The 31st was crazy, there were so many fireworks and we couldn’t have slept through the noise. Not too many people made it to church at 9 on Sunday. I gave a talk and was partly grateful that it was rather empty. I talked about enduring to the end, talking mostly about how Jesus Christ was the perfect example of enduring to the end. If he wouldn't have we wouldn't have any hope of living with God again. And how reading the scriptures and praying is what helps us stay on the straight and narrow path. I used the example of Lehi, who prayed when he was in the dessert to be able to be delivered and that the iron rod is the word of God, or the scriptures.

This week I have been studying Alma 13 and am just amazed how much I have learned. I know that the Priesthood is the power of God and a huge blessing in our lives. I know that it is the power and authority that God gives to man. I know that Thomas S. Monson has all of the keys of this dispensation and that he is a man chosen of God. He is God's Prophet today.

I love you and miss you all. Have a great week!!

Con Amor,

Elder Riley Stevenson

No comments: