Monday, March 12, 2012

Quienes Pongan Su Confianza En Dios Serán Sostenidos En Sus Tribulaciones

Mi Familia,

This week was one of the harder ones, but that means opportunities to change and be better. We didn't have the baptism we had planned, but we are going to see if she gets baptized the week. The investigator left to visit her dad and we think that her mom also might not want her to get baptized so fast, but we will see.

We lost contact with a ton of investigators, but found other ones. A lot of weird things happened this week. Like a church met outside of the house of an investigator just in the street, so we couldn't go to teach her. Or we were teaching a lady and when we invited her to be baptized she said she was already baptized like 30 years ago in our church. I felt silly for inviting her but I did it because she has a lot of Virgin Marys in her house, and says bad words. I didn't think she was a member (haha). She hasn't gone to church though since the month of her baptism. We had 3 other investigators, 2 of which had baptism dates that left on vacations so we have been looking for new people to teach while we wait for them to come back.

Despite the difficulties, I have learned a lot and learned to trust more in the Lord. We don't always understand why things happen but we can always understand that the Lord knows why they happen. I am still happy and know that this week is going to be better.

We found an investigator this week that is named Rosa, and she is great and just wants to learn more about God. Her son was sick this week and we gave him a blessing. I am really excited for them because I feel like they are going to progress a lot. In my patriarchal blessing and also in my blessing when Elder Haynie set me apart, it was said that I would use the priesthood a lot in my mission. Here in Ciudad Hidalgo we give a lot of blessings, to members and non members. This week I think we gave 4 blessings. It is so special and I know that it is the power and authority that God gives to man. I know that the priesthood is real.

I am enjoying the mission, I am very happy. I love you and miss you all.

Elder Riley Stevenson

No comments: