Monday, April 16, 2012

Si No Hubiera Visto Las Cosas De Dios En Una Visión, No Habría Conocido Su Bondad

Mi Familia,

This week was great! We worked hard and saw the fruit of our labor. We focused on helping our investigators understand why it is important to do their compromisos (can't remember what it is called in english). (Editor's note: compromisos=commitments). A lot of our investigators are progressing and that is what missionary work is all about!

We are still teaching Saida and Carolina. They are doing great! We taught them the word of wisdom and I had one of those "what am I doing here?" lessons. Actually this was last week I think. But it was the lesson that she told us that she went to the other church and that the pastor was visiting them too. I felt like I was wasting time because she was also telling us about all of the problems she has had with the WOW (coffee, alcohol, and tobacco). She actually stopped smoking a few months ago. And right now she hasn't dranken, drunk... drunken? And she has been drinking substantially less coffee. We are very happy for her. Saida turned 12 yesterday and went to church anyways. I bought a cake on saturday and they made us lunch after church and we got to talk about the sabbath day. It was so special too because a woman that has been inactive for 5 years went to church yesterday and is one of Carolina's best friends. I had taught her too and never thought she would come back. The sister went to eat with us too and we got to talk with the two of them together and it was really special. Saida is going to get baptized on sunday.

We also met another woman named Ilda. We contacted her outside of her house. President Cárdenas always talks about seeing a house far away that stands out in our head, and that when that happens we need to contact there! That is what happened when we contacted Ilda. She listened to us and told us about her life. She has 10 children and is divorced. She is looking for the true church. She said if she finds it she knows that her children are going to follow her footsteps. I love how the spirit leads us to those who are searching for the truth.

I am so happy and miracles are happening here every day. I know this work is true. I know that Christ lives and loves us.

I miss you and love you all!!!! Have a great week.

Con Amor,


Elder Riley Stevenson

No comments: