Monday, April 2, 2012

Hay Cuerpos Celestiales, Y Cuerpos Terrestres

Mi Familia,

Hey everyone. This week was real good. I loved conference, but only went on Sunday. But I got to see it in English! That is always special. I can't say that I had a favorite talk but I loved the talk by Elder David F. Evans about sharing the gospel. Maybe because I am an Elder. But every talk was great and I can't wait for next conference.

This week we had a lot of success and I felt the spirit a lot. We had some great lessons. We taught a woman named Araceli that is very catholic but she listens to us. She showed us her 3,000 peso Bible and it is really beautiful. I like teaching her because she has a lot of questions. When we contacted her she was sick and we gave her a blessing. She had salmonella. We gave her a blessing and after 2 months of being sick she got better in a few days. I don´t think she linked the 2 experiences but we will tell her.

We taught another woman, Sarái. She is very active in her christian church and she started asking us about the 12 tribes of israel and the millennium in our contact with her. We taught her the plan of salvation this week and she loved it. She said she had never read about the 3 grades of glory and we explained a little about the 12 tribes and the millennium. She believed that if someone was a descendant of Jacob they would automatically be saved. We read some scriptures and cleared it up. It reminded me of the time when a Jehovah's Witness told me that you have to see to believe because Thomas taught us that. Sometimes I think they just read half of the stories.

Our investigators didn't go to conference because a lot of them aren't legally here, and the migra (immigration) checks the transportation that passes to Tapachula. It was kind of sad but you got to live the laws of the land. They can legally be in Ciudad Hidalgo though.

We are also teaching a man named Gudilberto. He got in a motorcycle accident and has had 2 surgeries on his leg. He is a great guy and he got excited when we gave him the Book of Mormon. The hard part is getting him to church. He lives far away from the chapel but I know we will be able to work something out (He can't walk.)

I can't remember if I told you guys but I ate turtle last week. It was pretty good! I will send pictures in these next few weeks.

Hey did Brother Schroeder sing in the Mormon Tabernacle Choir?

Things are good. I am so happy. I know that our Heavenly Father loves us and knows us. I know that He listens to our prayers. I know that He is the Father of our spirits and that we can become like Him by keeping His commandments.

I love you and miss you all. Boom goes the dynamite.

Con Amor,

Elder Riley Stevenson

No comments: