Monday, May 14, 2012

Como Si Fuera Un Sueño


Mi Familia,

Hey everyone. It was great to talk to you yesterday even though the time passed by really fast, and it was hard to hang up! But it was good to chat and I am so happy that everyone is doing good.

This week was good, and we are working with a lot of members and everyone is getting more excited about the work. We had a lot of less actives and investigators go to church yesterday and that was really special. We also are starting to have "Branch Night" every Wednesday. This week was awesome. Elder Bernal and I talked about agency and decisions. We had a great conversation. After that, we played a game where everyone writes on a piece of paper what they want someone else in the room to do. Then everyone had to do what they had written on their own paper. It was funny, and a lot of people and to do some silly things. The investigators that were there really seemed to like it.

This week it has also cooled down a bit and rained, but not too much. We have had great weather. Time is going by so fast. I can't believe I have 16 months, and it seems like every month goes by faster! The mission is everything I hoped for and more. Please keep me posted on where Zack and Erik are going to go on the mission. Also have more of my friends gotten married? I feel like it has been a long time since you have told me that one of my friends is getting married. I am sure there are many.

This week we had a special experience. We went to eat with a sister that lives in one of the little towns here. She had her niece and nephew there, so we talked to them (they are 11 years old). We talked to them about the Book of Mormon and invited them to the Branch Night and they went. They are both reading the Book of Mormon and we will see how they progress.

We also met another man named Victor. He is the husband of a less active member, but they went to church on sunday and he seemed interested and participated a lot in the classes. We also taught the brother of the less active woman (Carla) - his name is Alonso. He wanted to go on the mission but had a few problems and now doesn't go to church. We talked about the mission and gave him a Liahona magazine with the story of a youth from South America that went on the mission when a few years before, his family was inactive, and his dad became bishop. He said he wants to go to church and we are going to help him get excited for the mission. Sometimes I think they should make commercials for missions, like they do for exercise machines, with pictures before and after the mission and testimonies of how it helps and stuff like that. It would be funny.

I know this work is true and hope you guys are working too. Ask your friends if they want to talk to the missionaries. Don't worry, they don't bite very hard.

I am doing good here and I am happy. I hope you all have a great week. I love you all!

Elder Riley Stevenson

No comments: