Monday, May 21, 2012

Y Descendió La Lluvia, Y Vinieron Ríos


Mi Familia,

This week was really good. We met a lot of people and have some great investigators. It is also great because we are working a lot with the members. We have had lessons with them and also they are giving us a bunch of referrals.

This week we got to work with a young man in the ward named Jonathan. He is half Mexican and half Caucasian. He is a convert to the church. He works and is studying and lives with his grandma, who isn't a member of the church. He worked with us for 6 hours one day this week and he is so great. He's 14. He kept telling me that he wanted to be a missionary, and how before he didn't want to be one. He also said that he was sad because some of the other youth don't want to go on missions. While we worked with him we found 2 great families (that we are really excited about). He told us he would work with us everyday if he could. He is a great example to me. He also invites people from work (adults) to read the Book of Mormon and go to church. But he is cool, too and reminds me of Kristian a bit.

This week it also started to rain almost every day. On thursday we got soaked, and it floods really badly here. (But the worst is that the dirty water comes out of the sewers.) I also fell in a hole in one of the flooded streets and got soaked (haha), but my camera and the cell phone didn't get wet. Only a few people saw but mostly I laughed about it.

I don't have much time but I hope all is well. I miss you and love you all!

Elder Riley Stevenson

No comments: