Monday, May 7, 2012

Todo Árbol Bueno Produce Buen Fruto


Mi Familia,

This week was a very good one! Not too many stories but all went well. It started to rain these last few days but just a little but it has been a little cooler so that is great. Yesterday we had Branch Council and it was great! We made our branch mission plan and all of the members are so excited to work. And I am too. I think we are going to start get things going here. We are going to have weekly activities and every organization promised to give a certain number of referrals. We are teaching a lot of people but I am excited to find others that might be more ready for the gospel.

Rambután (Nephelium lappaceum)


Last Monday there was a shooting in the center of the city (downtown?) It was at 9:30 in the morning and 3 people died: a police man, a guy that changes money (like pesos to dollars or quetzales) and a guy that was going to change his money. The guys that exchange the money always just sit there with stacks of bills on the sidewalk and this time someone wanted the money! But it was sweet because we also contacted the family of the man that was changing his money. We are going to visit them this week. Don't worry mom I am fine. :)

Papausa or Ilama (Annona diversifolia)


Alicia asked about the fruit here so I think I will share with everyone about the fruit. There are a few worth mention that I really like down here. I really like rambután. It looks like strawberry with hairs. But the part you eat is like clear, and is really good. I also love papausa, it tastes like cotton candy and is soft.

Noni (Morinda citrifolia)


The weirdest fruit I have seen is noni. It looks like alien fruit. And also marañón is really gross but the seed tastes so good and is very expensive. I think it is the only fruit that has the seed outside of the actual fruit.

Marañón (Anacardium occidentale) - or the Cashew Apple


Also I am very excited for the phone call! Talk to you on Sunday. I love you all!

Con Amor,

Elder Riley Stevenson


No comments: