Monday, May 28, 2012

Conoceréis La Verdad, Y La Verdad Os Hará Libres


Mi Familia,

Happy anniversary Mom and Dad! I hope you have a great day tomorrow. 25 years of marriage, 20 fun years of marriage : ) I love you both.

This week was great. On monday (last week) one of the members of the branch told us that one of our investigators (Yamilí) had broken up with her boyfriend. It was really exciting because they were living together and were not married. We had taught her boyfriend and her the first lesson last Saturday, and afterwards they got in a fight, he packed up the 2 Books of Mormon we had given them and left (and also everything but her clothes). On monday when we found out we gave her a new book and she asked us for a blessing. She told Sandra (the member) that she felt peace after. We taught her about the Atonement on Tuesday and on Friday she accepted a baptismal date for June 16. We are so excited for her. She went to church yesterday and the activity on Wednesday. She is painfully shy but she had a lot of fun on Wednesday when we had the Branch Night. We taught about the Apostasy and played telephone to show how simple truths can be changed so easily just by word of mouth. Yami was laughing a lot and has been doing a lot better.

Nocú. The flying ant that they eat in tacos here in Chiapas. His wing was stuck to the window at church.


We are also teaching Diana, the cousin of a member in the branch. She is pregnant and is looking for a church to raise her children, because she already has a little boy. It is awesome because she reads the Book of Mormon everyday and has great questions. She also accepted a baptismal date for June 16. We are so excited for her.

We are also teaching the niece and nephew of a member of the branch. The kids names are Kimberly and José. They are 11. They are so funny and have great questions. They love when we go to teach them and love going to church. Kimberly has a baptismal date also for June 16. José has computer classes on Sundays, so we are praying and seeing what we can do to help him.

The Lord is always preparing His children to hear the truth. We are so happy and are working hard here. I love being here in Chiapas and working in this part of Lord's vineyard.

I hope you are all doing well! I love you and miss you!

Con Amor,

Elder Riley Stevenson

P.S. Sometimes I put pictures on my agendas. But I had to send a picture of my agenda this transfer because it was funny for me to realize that my friend Kim just sticks out of my shirt pocket everyday.


My Agenda this transfer


Kim Katz

No comments: