Monday, June 4, 2012

El Diablo Es Enemigo De Dios


Mi Familia,

Thanks for all of the emails and sorry I couldn't write too much back. I am glad that everyone is doing good. I am glad Zack got his mission call to chile! I always thought he would go to south america. Also I have a lot of friends that are serving there, but they are in the northern parts. Tell Zack to watch 180 Degrees South. I think they filmed it in that part of Chile. There's a part where they are surfing at the foot of a mountain full of snow. It is so gorgeous. I am also glad that Mimi is home and doing better.

This week was a good one for us here, and interesting too! My companion had tooth pain all week so on thursday we went to a dentist office here. The man has the nickname "el diablo" but we didn't know that before we went, or maybe we wouldn't have gone there. But a church member recommended him. He told my comp that he had to pull the tooth but he couldn't do it, so he split it in two parts and still couldn't get it out. Elder Bernal started crying and told him to just leave it. We went to another dentist on friday and they had to do a surgery, and got it out. We haven't been able to go to work in the sun so these days I have just been studying and watching church videos. But this week should be normal. I also felt sick yesterday but I got a blessing and woke up feeling a lot better.

We had stake conference yesterday and it was great. My favorite talk was the one by our temple president. He talked about temple work and also humility. He talked about how we need to love everyone, and it impacted me a lot. I want to be better at that haha. Even though we couldn't talk to a lot of investigators one went (Diana) and she liked it a lot.

We taught Yami this week and she wold us that she wanted to get baptized this week instead of on the 16th. I was really surprised and when I asked her why she said she didn't know but just wanted to! I am so happy because she is really ready and the Lord has prepared her a lot for her baptism. She also got her tooth pulled with "el diablo" this week.

This week we also had our zone conference. It was great. We talked about working with members and how we can't reach our full potential as a mission unless the members are working with us. The branch is working hard and we are so happy. I don't want to be transferred! I have also been studying about the great apostasy and how the apostles and so many people have given their life for the gospel. I am grateful for their sacrifice.

Well I love you and miss you all so much! I hope you have a great week!

Con Amor,

Elder Riley Stevenson

No comments: