Monday, July 2, 2012

Conoceréis La Verdad, Y La Verdad Os Hará Libres


Mi Familia,

Hello! This week was good. We had our leaders meeting on Wednesday in Tuxtla. We learned a lot and I got to see a lot of Elders that I hadn't seen for a while. The district Leader of Tapachula told me that Yami got baptized in Ciudad Hidalgo so that is awesome. There was another one that had her interview but didn't pass so she will probably get baptized in these next couple weeks. That is fine. An elder also told me that one of my converts in Tuxtla sent her mission papers and his waiting for the call to come. I am really happy for her. I am also trying to get in contact with a couple that I baptized in Tuxtla that just turned a year of being baptized. If we can get everything organized, I will probably be able to go to the sealing, because I am only an hour away from Tuxtla. I am very happy about everything that is going on!

Here in San Cristóbal things are going well. We found another family this week that has lost a lot of family members and they are really ready for the gospel. We contacted the lady (she’s about 75) and she let us in. She had 12 kids but 4 have passed away. We talked about the temple and met a few of her daughters. They are very receptive and we are hoping that they progress. It was funny because when we were talking about all of that stuff and then Angelina, the lady, said "Well, we will have to think about leaving the Catholic Church to go to yours." Well that isn't exactly what we want but it is part of it haha. But it was soo funny because after about 15 minutes of talking she was already considering leaving her 75 years of being Catholic so that she can live with her family again. It is worth it, I guess.

We have this awesome investigator named José that has gone to church 2 times now. He plays guitar in restaurant-bars every night. He is really smart and understands everything we teach him. Last week in church he made a lot of comments and a few members asked him if he was a member. And he would get baptized, but! His wife doesn't want to get married right now. It is a major bummer because he is great. Well, actually his wife does want to get married but in the US because she has dual citizenship. We are praying a lot for them.

Things are going really well. I am happy and things are going well here in San Cris. It is cold and rainy and I am starting to get used to the weather. It is going to be a rough change when I get transferred again!

Well I hope everyone is well. I hope that everything goes well with Lauren, please send pictures of Piper! Have a great time in Utah, I think everyone is there right now, right? Have a great week. I love you and miss you all!

Con Amor,

Elder Riley Stevenson

No comments: