Thursday, February 10, 2011

Con Todo Vuestro Corazon, Alma, Mente y Fuerza

Mi Familia,

I cannot believe how fast time is going, but I am still learning a lot!

Mom, thanks for the Dear Elder! It was so fun hearing from you on the same day as my email home. The pictures were great, I love them. Everyone wants to see them. They make me feel like you are all with me! I still want a small one to keep in my pocket, with a picture of the San Diego Temple on the back. That would be so cool to show people. I have one of Christ getting baptized that I use in lessons, it is so effective and I think it will work great in the streets. I can get a scripture case here so do not worry about it! They are cool and pretty cheap. Also where is Elder Warren going? I will look out for him.

Trevor sent me a Dear Elder with all of his information about when he is coming in. I signed up yesterday to be a host so hopefully that works out. If I can get out there and I see him while he is driving in, I can just chase after the car and host him for sure. I will find out Sunday if he will be in our zone, and let you know on Tuesday. Trevor, look out for me! Bring two suits for the MTC if possible then send one home and only bring one to the mission. Make sure you have shower sandals. And you don't need a robe. Other than that, just bring what it says.

We got a new district yesterday. I love them and they are way on top of things. They are going to Argentina. I am going to take them on the MTC tour tonight. Their biggest star in the new district is the Grandson of Lyle on Napoleon Dynamite (the old man that shoots the cow). So rad.

P-day was really good. I saw my friend Ben from Writing 150 at the temple. His brother went through and is going to the Anaheim Mission. Frio frijoles. I love the temple and having that day to refresh for the rest of the week, even though it is way busy!

We had a devotional Tuesday which was great. Elder Gavarret of the 70 spoke. He had a heavy Hispanic accent. It was awesome! I knew exactly why he was pronouncing things and wording things like he was. It is fun to see cool things like that, and seeing that my Spanish is developing. Dad, did you say I was wording things like Spanish in your last Dear Elder? That is so funny if that is true. I can already feel my English skills deteriorating a little. It is going to be hard coming back and speaking English and taking college classes right when I get home!

The MTC is going to change how they teach in August. I don't think I am supposed to know but Hermano Law told us. He said he didn't know if he was supposed to tell us either. Haha! There are going to be 8 mini lessons to help investigators be converted. I think you also start teaching in your mission language on the second day, compared to 4 and one half weeks now. It is all about making the investigator have a relationship with God. We will get those lessons and info in the field.

I memorized Doctrine and Covenants 4 in Spanish! I am so happy and it was one of my weekly goals. I am still learning a lot and doing my best to speak as much Spanish as possible. It is coming along and getting faster. The Lord is helping me out a lot! It is so amazing to see the help he gives us. It is more apparent here.

I am so happy to be here. I am even more excited for Mexico. It is barely starting to get remotely real. I can imagine myself there a little. I know it won't be real until I am there and maybe not until I have been there for a while. Things are so good right now. I have spiritual experiences every day. I learn more Spanish every day. My testimony gets stronger every day. I am so excited to find the people I am supposed to find and teach. I am so excited to serve the Mexican people.

This church is so true. I wish I could go back and tell everyone I have ever met. If you want the truth, we have it. I know we do. Talk to the missionaries if you want to learn more! They will help you like I will help the people in Mexico.

I love you all so much. Thanks for the letters and prayers and just everything. I miss you but I would never leave here. Hope you have a good week!

Con Amor,

Elder Riley Stevenson

1 comment:

Kristen said...

Elder Stevenson I love your blog! Thanks for the updates. We love you!!!