Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Si Alguno De Vosotros Tiene Falta De Sabiduria...

Mi Familia,

Time is flying by here at the MTC.

First of all, Trevor is not in our zone. We are getting a new district but he is not in it. I am super bummed but I am hosting tomorrow and I am going to host him if I can. I am so excited to have him here nonetheless.

Mom, I am glad you are not getting to close on your cruise. That would be so crazy! It is going to be so fun. I am excited to get my picture with the family and Temple on the back. I love using pictures to teach. I did get a “Dear John” from Grandmary which was HILARIOUS! Everyone in the district wanted to read it and even my teacher Hermano Law read it. So funny. It made my day. I had a fun valentine’s day and I gave the HLJ rings and Strength of Youth pamphlets out. Everyone loved them. So, thanks!

Dad, that was so awesome to read about Tanner's headlamp and all the hiking you are doing. I wish I could go! Philmont seems so long ago but it was so fun. You and Tanner are going to have a blast. It also sounds like Tanner's talk went great! Could I have a copy of it? Thanks!

Things are going great. Elder Peck and I are improving a lot on our teaching. I love him so much. We get along so well. My Spanish is improving and I love speaking it. In fact, I am starting to forget a lot of English already. I forget words and usually have to ask someone to figure out the word I am trying to say. It might sound silly but I think it is awesome. I was talking to some English speaking Elders and one of them was telling me a story, I don't remember what about. But at one point I said, "in serious?"  Because we say "en serio" in Spanish, which means “seriously”. It was pretty funny and luckily he didn't point it out. I am going to have a rough time coming back. Haha!

Lately I have been studying stories in the Book of Mormon that I can apply to investigators. There are so many stories. I can find something applicable to almost any scenario. It is so awesome. I wish I could use it with my High School friends. Not to mention that but just answer their questions. I kind of want them to just post questions on my Facebook or something then I can just write a letter home with responses and you can post them on Facebook? High School friends: Do It! I will answer any question.

Earlier this week I heard that 7 out of the 80 missionaries going to Mexico (that were scheduled to leave this week) got their visas and the rest were getting reassigned. Crazy! I was a little bummed. Next thing I knew at gym they said they were all departing this week. Probably like 75 out of 80. I have no idea how accurate those numbers are but it sounds like improvement. I am hoping my visa comes in time. I could be in Mexico in three weeks!

On Sunday I saw President Brady! He is in one of the Branch Presidencies here. He asked what ward and said he knew Dad and remembered coming to our Mission Prep. I was so excited to see him and he kept saying thanks for saying hi. I had to run to catch up with him! But it’s always fun to see a familiar face.

Speaking of familiar faces, it turns out that Hermana Busch, one of the Hemanas in my district, knows my friend Alli Rietz from home (in Idaho)! I met Alli at BYU and she was one of the coolest people I know! Hermana Busch and I took pictures of us shaking hands for her. Haha.

I saw Jake DeBruyn on Sunday and he left Monday at like 2 AM. It was fun to say bye. He is so ready for the field and has a really great attitude. It made me want to work harder. It is so weird that my friends and I are on missions! It is such a great work.

The new district is great. I love them. Elder Shaw got his Visa and is leaving tomorrow for the Peru MTC. I am going to miss him so much! I can't believe I am going to have to say bye to my district soon. It is going to be hard.

I memorized James (Santiago) 1:5 this week. I am trying to just do better every day and be the best missionary I can be. I have no time to be sad or homesick right now. I absolutely love it here and can't wait to get out and teach. I hope everything is going well at home. Thanks for your prayers and support. Les amo!

Con Amor,

Elder Riley Stevenson

No comments: