Tuesday, February 22, 2011

En Cumora Estaba el Registro Santo, Libro Fiel

Mi Familia,

This week was the hardest at the MTC. I am doing great but just a lot going on!

On Friday Hermana Busch left (a Hermana from my District.) They needed a sister missionary early in San Fernando so she left. It was so hard to say bye. She felt like one of my real sisters. We had a testimony meeting and I just cried the whole time I was up there. Her companion had a really hard time. She was crying that day and I could just tell she was struggling. I asked her if she wanted a blessing and she said yes. I gave her a blessing right after lunch. It was the most powerful blessing I have ever given. She wrote me a note later saying how much she was struggling and just that I said everything she needed to hear. Isn't it amazing what the Lord can do?

One of the Elders from the district just below mine left as well. He had to take care of some stuff back home. I don't know any details. But I said bye to him three times throughout the day and every time just told him to do everything he can to get back in the field. He said he would. That night I felt like I should go and write in my journal at his desk. Elder Klaassen, his companion, his roommates and I were all sitting in there. We all just started sobbing. I closed the door and just sat and cried with them. We are so proud of how strong he is. They just had trouble saying bye because he was such a good example. When we were crying hardest I said we should pray. We all got on our knees and I prayed. I have never felt so close to God in a prayer. After the prayer we all hugged and just talked. They are doing a lot better. This was the same day Hermana Busch left. I learned that this mission is not about me though. If I sit around and think about how hard it is and how I never want to go through that again it is just going to be worse. I'm doing this for the Lord and my feelings need to be set aside. I am really happy and know that those missionaries were here for a purpose and now need to go and do what the Lord needs them to do next.

The new district is doing well. We got new Zone Leaders - Elder Klaassen and his companion. We will show them around and then they take over Sunday. In our meetings this Sunday the Branch Presidency went on and on about how great Elder Peck and I did. I did my best so I am glad it was enough! It is crazy that my time at the MTC is coming to a close.

On Sunday nights we watch movies and this week I got to sit next to Trevor! (Or Elder Knight rather.) It was so fun and felt like old times, Which was also weird to mix the MTC and home. But it was fun nonetheless.

Teaching has been going really well. Our teachers are progressing investigators and we committed both to Baptismal dates. I feel like our teaching is really improving. One of them asked if they could get baptized earlier than March 5th, and the lesson before we had to tell him he needed to pray (haha). It is amazing how much the spirit helps even in those practices. I don't know who, but a general authority or someone over the MTC said that role plays are how the Lord prepares his missionaries. It is so true. It is so much easier to speak Spanish in those lessons. At the TRC we taught a Hispanic Elder. It was humbling. I had no idea what he was saying (because of how fast he was talking) but I just knew he was bringing up a problem by the way he was saying it. Elder Peck looked at me and I was thinking "oh hombre." I just looked at him and held up the Book of Mormon and said all of the answers and everything you need is in here. Haha - it is so great to be able to trust in the Book of Mormon like that.

This week was crazy but a huge learning experience and I feel like I have grown a lot. I can't believe I might be in Mexico in a couple of weeks. I feel pretty ready and I am excited to go. I love you all so much and miss you. I hope all is well. I still pray for you every day! I love it here and I feel like a missionary. I am so glad I am here and wouldn't trade this for anything.

Con Amor,

Elder Stevenson

No comments: