Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Porque No Me Averguenzo...

Mi Familia,

Week 5 is over. I cannot believe it! Time is going by faster and faster. My departure date is in 3 weeks and 6 days. Eso es un poco loco.

Sounds like life is a little crazy back home. I hope Mom is doing better still. I have been praying for those in need that you have told me about. The Lord is blessing our family immensely. Mom, that is so exciting you get to go on the cruise! How far in Mexico does it go? And when? That would be awesome if we got close. By the way Dear Elders are great, I love being updated so fast so keep them coming. The amount you send out now is perfect. Thanks for the packages too. I can’t wait to give out the stuff.

Hermano Wells was in my Career Exploration class at BYU and we sat next to each other. It is funny, I remembered he got a job here (he teaches Korean) so I was thinking, I need to find him! I saw an Elder with an Asian language nametag so I asked him what language. It was Korean. Who are your teachers? Brother Wells and... No way! I know him!! Got the room number and stopped by the next day. Oh yeah he is just a floor down in my building. It was so funny and fun.

The Steelers lost in the Super Bowl! I sure am getting blessed. Oh, and I heard the Packers won too.

I sewed on my first button this week. It is holding up great and was really easy. It is on my suit pants; it got pulled hard one time and was loose. I haven't gained that much weight, but a little. I am not ashamed. I am grateful for those times we would practice for stuff like that for FHE and just at home. I felt so prepared coming here. I know it is all thanks to you guys! And mostly Mom.

Elder Shaw is still here. I love him and am glad! (He was supposed to go to the Peru MTC but had Visa issues). There was an Hermana in our zone that was having some struggles. Elder Shaw and I fasted for her last Thursday. It was so hard. But that day she was able to work things out and was so happy. Before she was so stressed and scared. I don't think she knows we did but I am glad she got it worked out!

My best friend here is probably Elder Kody Klaassen. He is from Logan, Utah and is going to the San Bernardino Mission. He is in the district just below us. We have so much fun and we are definitely going to be friends after the mission. He knows the Bolsters primos that live up there and said he was pretty good friends with Lindsey. Go figure! But we have a lot of fun during meals and in the residence. I also have seen Jake. On Sunday before the fireside I got to talk to him. It was so fun to catch up. He is so ready to get out and serve. I have never seen him so happy.

I love our teacher Hermano Law. One day I had the strongest impression that I needed to tell him that he was there for me (He had back problems and had to go home from his mission early - he would still have 3 or 4 more months). I thought I would write him a note and give it to him before I left. That day we taught him a message of our choice in English. Afterward, he said he was touched and that he needed every one of them. Then he told us it was his birthday and said how all of his friends were on missions. He was crying and said how happy he was to teach us. I felt terrible for not following the Spirit. I gave him a hug after class and told him. I need to be better about that.

Los Abuelos left Saturday. So did Elder Palmer. They are out in the field! I hope visas can catch up and get better, but I will do whatever the Lord wants.

When do you get my letters? I try to send them at this mailbox that goes out at 4 on Tuesdays. I never see anyone else put mail in there so that is why I am wondering. Maybe I am the only one that knows about it.

Oh my - out of time. This church is true and I miss you all! I hope all is well. Lately I have been amazed with prayer. It works. It is how we do so many things like covenants and repentance. Bye!

Con Amor,

Elder Riley Stevenson

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

Oh my goodness!!! Tell Kody I said Hi :) I hope everything is going well for you!!