Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Firmes Creced en la Fe

Mi Familia,

I can't believe I have been gone three weeks! It is going by so fast, and it is hard to decipher what happened on what day. It is pretty funny. Thanks for all of the updates, I think I have a good grasp on what is going on at home which makes me so happy, and hasn't been a distraction at all.

Dad, I was so excited to hear about your business trip. I had been praying that work would go well, and I know that the Lord would have no reason to hold blessings from you. You are a great example to me as a hard worker. When I am having a tough time here, I just think about how you did it and I feel like I can't let you down! Congrats though, and thanks for the update. The snow campout sounded so fun. I wish I could have gone. I started thinking about my own campouts and for the first time saw my life flash to where I am now. I can't believe how fast these 19 years have gone. Speaking of which 10 deacons in the ward! That is crazy. Those boys are going to be great missionaries, and heading out all at the same time. That is so fun. I can't wait till Trevor gets here. I am hoping he gets in our Zone. I am bummed I couldn't go to his farewell. It sounded like a great meeting.

My testimony of the importance of Hymns has grown so much. I love 166 in Spanish which is "Firmes Creced en la Fe" or True to the Faith. I love belting out Si! and No! All Hymns bring the Spirit.

Mom, sounds like subbing is going well! I don't know why anyone would disobey in your class, you're too nice. Thanks for sharing Clark's experiences. That is so awesome when it rained after he prayed. I hope I can have similar experiences.

I am excited to get the new memory card for my camera. The printing machine here broke so I can't send pictures without giving you my card. I will send it soon hopefully.

Zone Leader training is going great. I am learning so much and am so excited to serve. We have a new district coming in tomorrow and I will help them get settled in and and show them a tour on Thursday. We will have around 40 elders in the zone and 4 hermanas- all in my district.

I got my Typhoid shot last Thursday! I am all done with that and my arm has stopped hurting. No peanut butter shot! When I was walking out Elder Peck and I started talking to a Missionary Couple. I said I was from San Diego and they got really excited and told me they were serving at the Mormon Battalion Center down there. I was so happy for them! Especially because I just went there a few weeks ago with Riley and Jordan. I told them all about it and they were smiling and happy.

Lately for Spanish I have been working on past tense a lot. I try to tell stories to my district and they love them. They will always ask to hear a story in Spanish and it has been great practice. Kind of funny.

On Sunday we watched Legacy. It was so good! The part where Eliza (I think that's her name) was very sick really stood out to me. Joseph Smith gave her a blessing and she was able to get up and was fine. It reminded me when I broke my ankle at Philmont. I couldn't walk till I got a blessing from Brother Stotts, Jepson, and Dimmit. I was able to hike miles that day. I am grateful for their example to me.

Elder Shaw and Webb from my district leave to the Peru MTC tomorrow. I am super bummed. I love those Elders and have really bonded with them in these 3 short weeks. It is going to be hard to say bye, especially because I don't know if I will ever see them again.

All is well. I am getting over a cough. It came and went very fast. Thanks for all your letters. I pray for you each night, by name. I miss you, but you are also the ones helping me stay out here. Thanks for your example. I love you!!

Con Amor,

Elder Riley Stevenson

P.S. Natalie- Thanks for the Dear Elder! The mission is going great, I am learning so much. I am excited for your letter and I have put good thought into my next move in the dots game. You will have to tell me what you got on your Bird Project, It sounds awesome. I am happy you read my essays! I hope you thought they weren't too bad. I love you and miss you! I hope 7th grade is going great.

No comments: